Lost after first Dragon quest

hotmitts

Hello, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help in any way, I'm really enjoying the game a lot,  but not sure what to do next.

So I spoke to the Dragon Zethron, who asked me to clear out the Mines to the South of the Wretches.

I did that and returned to the Dragon,  then I was given the option to ask the Dragon about his past.

I also found out about the character Ryozo, who wants the dragon to spy for him. Next I need to inform the mysterious 'Wayfarer' of this , I think, for the plot to progress.

But I can't remember where I met the Wayfarer on the map. The quest says leave a note in a barrel by a Spire, near the Dragon's Aerie , but I can't locate that ?

The Wayfarer wants information from the Dragon's library (east of the dragon on a pedestal) that requires going through a hidden switch in the library to the west and fighting your way straight east to stairs up. If you have the information, then you will get a prompt at the right barrel (Kva Lands near the entrance to the Dragon's Lair) and the reward.

Many thanks Randomizer, I found the Barrel eventually , in the map preceding the Dragon map. I thought leaving the note would trigger something but it didn't seem to... I mean the main quest doesn't seem to be advancing. the Dragon doesn't give a new quest after finishing the Wretches one, and I travelled back to the Hub area to see Redbeard and the Hand , and they don't say anything new,. Not sure what I missed !

Edited by hotmitts
spelling