ARW Dumb Questions

Well already messed up bit cuz killed 1 nephil squad near that nephil village so not welcome there (doubt missed something urgent).

so trogs are next, what should i do with them, kill'em all or make a deal with vahkok and later kill him after reporting?

giants will be killed naturally.

faster travelling would be nice since it takes ages to get from east coast to fort emergence (and from f e to portal fortress or erika's tower) and elsewhere (main reason why haven't taken any timed delivery quests). prolly have been spoiled by pylons in 2nd trilogy but still.

54 minutes ago, Earth said:

so I'm on trog's king's quest to kill enemy but how do I get past those barriers? using piercing stone?

No, you are in for a long slog through lots of things starting with going through the Giant caves southeast of Lorelei to locate a map in the treasure chamber. You need the map to reveal the entrance to a hidden tunnel and lots of puzzles.

not sure what ciiff you mean since only cliffs south or anywhere near lorelei require orb of thralni. only cliff/tunnel which seems to lead to giant's castle is east from anama facility and unless I'm missing something then orb required. gotta visit in emergence after turning in zik quest to see if its time for orb chase (what I remember of it from Avernum 3 it was stupid chase).

if you are asking from me then europe.

1 hour ago, Earth said:

not sure what ciiff you mean since only cliffs south or anywhere near lorelei require orb of thralni. only cliff/tunnel which seems to lead to giant's castle is east from anama facility and unless I'm missing something then orb required. gotta visit in emergence after turning in zik quest to see if its time for orb chase (what I remember of it from Avernum 3 it was stupid chase).

if you are asking from me then europe.

what randomizer said, and how dare you call the chase stupid! it's people who are willing to die by teleportation into solid rock... they deserve some respect

have you done the troglo king quest? the one where you have to go under castle troglo?

Spoiler

remember the part under troglo castle? (halls of concordance) where there's a great barrier? think that in the other side of the barrier it has to be where the giant castle is (they're enemies) so the giant castle has to be behind the castle troglo.. hope that gives you an idea

Killed Echlio and completed that quest and completed Sharamik's papers quest and then completed other quest by killing trog's king (and every1 else in castle) and still barriers stood up and I have quest from Lorelei to get soldiers free and get their equipments but no access to giants castle. I guess I have to go thru Fiery Pit to get there since that is only option I can think.

Hawke's mansion's 1st bedroom has button which opens something but what? Is big empty place next (south) from mansion accessible or not?

Hawke's Mansion has a second button nearby to finish opening the area for the first button.

From Lorelei go south and then east along the mountains until you reach a wall blocking a gap and go south through the gate. You may need to click south of the gate to pass into it and the fight. No need for a fiery pit.

Finally got in, no matter where I had prev. clicked no fighting option. Last soldier was well hidden although.

Now I just need following spells (at cheapest price): Heal (ToM), Mass Healing (Shaydar/Sharamik?), Move Mountains (Shaydar/Sharamik?), Dispel Barrier (Shaydar/Calloc?)

Edited by Earth

what map?  anyways too many islands and party doesn't have unlimited pockets full of gold.

got to lower lvl of filth factory (party needs month on baths to get clean) and got back to upstairs but how to get access to room next to stairs?? no hidden switch anywhere near

Edited by Earth

well its quite a big but still quickly explored and complete that area needs to do island hopping which can get costy and no easy moneymaking since libra's delivery quest is finished and other quests don't exactly make party swimming in gold (and too often can't even steal while no1 is in visibility) and delivery quests are quite tight on time for example from bigal to pergis in few days is challenge since distance is quite a big.

anyways I just wanna know how to get into that room next to stairs back down to lower lvl of filth factory before I will set whole place on fire.

Bigail to Pergis takes less than a game day, but do make a save before doing it. Money does get better the longer you play the game.

The stairs up from the lower Filth Factory leads to a small room that exits the place to the outdoors. It's a one way trip because you can't re-enter the factory and explore after you set the place on fire.

well trip would be easier if those damn travelling merchants wouldn't block me everytime I go back to kristzan province (random monster spawns are nasty but those give loot at best case).

haven't torched factory yet cause I'm trying to figure if there is some hidden switch which enables me to get into that room south from main entrance, if its not accessible then I'll just torch it (when I decide to finish it since clearing mile long quest list atm).

well past to filthy factory despite not knowing if that room is accessible.

so about golems: to advance with drake's and mage's quest I have to go and destroy golem factory? if so how the heck I get there?

about skribbane: no skribbane delivery quest to lorelei? if so then I've been collecting skribbane for nothing (orig. A3 had skribbane delivery).

about harp quest: to whom and where it is to be given? no slightest of idea and there aren't many places I haven't romped.

Golem Factory - Once you are told by the mage about the factory and the four towers, you need to go to the northwest and wander through the woods until you find them.

Skribbane delivery quest starts with buying drinks from Mickie in the inn at Shayder.

Harp isn't a quest so much as you need it in your possession to be able to do a fight in northeast of Gale.

everything south and east and west from quarantine area is explored (besides maris) and killed if hostile but don't remember any1 asking harp.

on what order those switches on upper golem factory are supposed to push? I can't get to southeast (and bit southwest too) part of floor or does party get endurance armor on some basin and then is supposed to run past those triple quadruple beams.

don't remember golem factory being that annoying in orig. A3 since quite a much time goes on waiting.

The northeast corner of the map has the quarantine area and a man selling by a campfire. Go south along the coast until you see an island with a cave entrance. That where you need the harp.

In the Golem Factory, the levers let you redirect the quadruple beams so you can pass from north to south along the outer walls. It's best to go in combat mode and wait for beams to shut off in the conduits to race through the level to the southwest control panel. Move mountains at level 3 gives a shortcut.

At least you can travel in any direction and not be sent the wrong way fighting on the moving paths in the older version.

which of those various vats restores spellpoints? stupid golem fights are quite drainage.

also apparently I need to go back to lowest lvl to disable uppest floor's energy flow to get past those barriers (unless that drake's help will allow to get those down).

edit: blocked party to central, ne and se areas so which switch (access to 2 small ones and big panel) disables those beams going to west so that I get back to stairs?

Edited by Earth

golem factory wasn't nice but boss was surprisingly easy, few acids and 1 adr rush and few other hits and crystal was gone, getting out took some time.

anyways only guy near that cave/dungeon was that who sold xian vest so must have completed it before.

how to complete troglo/giant barrier quest (aka bring it down)? as you know elhioc etc have been killed long ago so answer better not to be you are stuck with it.

also how to get upper floor of anama temple w/o actually joining to anama? got fake rings but no avail and db3 isn't enuf to bring those barriers down.

remote cave: how to get further than stalagmite area?

Edited by Earth

There's almost always a way to something, but you need to look for hidden switches.

Metal lumps for Carmine are north of Inn of Blades for the quest in the rocks, map from Aminro gives spot in north near Eagle landmark, and from Sulfras that you get from Athron. 

Fake rings should get you past Anama barrier to upper floor (check special items).

Remote Cavern needs map for instructions and lots of puzzle solving.

13 hours ago, Randomizer said:

1. There's almost always a way to something, but you need to look for hidden switches.

2. Metal lumps for Carmine are north of Inn of Blades for the quest in the rocks, map from Aminro gives spot in north near Eagle landmark, and from Sulfras that you get from Athron. 

3. Fake rings should get you past Anama barrier to upper floor (check special items).

4. Remote Cavern needs map for instructions and lots of puzzle solving.

1. I have comped whole main area thru thrice (with u) besides that tunnel which leads to Blackcrag and no hidden switches found besides that which let's pass that bridge.

2. Inn of blades itself had questgiver for those lumps, dragon's lumps I gave to other dragon to make something. Wouldn't be 1st quest which can't complete (1st is Shahpur's Meet Prazac since apparently he/she has gotten killed in Angel's rest).

3.  I have those damned fake rings (cost me small fortune) in special items but still can't get past barrier next to guard or other barrier inside and 1st sader stands on that circle (even tried moving all saders thru that circle indoors w/o avail). Those rings got me into Anama chapel in Lorelei or other town and discount from that Anama seller (nothing useful to sell).

4. Naturally but apparently no1 near of it talks about it (haven't paid those drakes/dragons their fees to be able to loot their treasure, there's delivery mission somewhere for drake's hide and got 3 options (4 if dragons babies are counted) for that mission (lone firedrake in southern Valorim, 1 cryodrake and those which require hefty sums to pass them) and that description lacks details if 4-legged freezer or 4-legged lighter is required (hate both))).

Also beggar in Shayder told about travelling mage (no1 important I guess) who travels around valorim but so far I haven't seen her (killed by giants or trogs prolly). If that traveler is tied to Remote Cavern then curse her.

Hidden Tunnel - There are  two rooms that are open after the first time to teleport with portals between the tunnel ends. There is no way to open the northeast gate that the smugglers use.

Lumps of metal - lump from map is north of Bremerton across some rivers in center of square made of stones.

Sharper moved after Angel's Rest so look in other towns.

Anama rings should work once you get close to barrier in Temple if they worked in Lorelei.

NPCs for quests will survive, but some move around and are not in a town on some days.

Remote Cavern map starts with drinks in Sharamik Inn and then finding guy who has it.

Beggar in Shayder talks about healer from Church of Divine Lucre who travels from Shayder (south of Temple) to Hectar and Bavner in fields in look around. Not always in town. Gives location of Fury Crossbow. 

Fake Anama rings should work but they don't in Shayder while they work in Lorelei and that Anama outpost near Lorelei. Maybe I have to ask it about JV but based on other old thread I'm not only one with same issue.

So I have met that healer since I got that bow (or found it otherwise).

I have comped Bremerton area thru but no lumps in special items and no lumps when I met that weaponsmith (before met dragon family) so most likely didn't buy that map so no lumps found (problem of open world, access to areas before has all details needed) or that greedy dragon Khoth used all lumps. Only stone circle is bit south from Lucre temple and no msgs about something found.

And before you ask yes I'm using version 1.0.3 and no didn't use any prev. versions.

How to get inside of Vahnatai areas in Tinrya on upper lvl and lower lvl? Only left to do there is confronting Rentar (1st time I guess).

Still no msg from spidweb about Anama rings and Shayder's barriers. Not sure if I could get many mage spells to lvl 3 if joined to Anama fully and then leaving (which I think isn't possible unless Div. Lucre helps).