G3 small oops

Letalia or whoever that is that meets you just outside the school in G3... I meant to tell her that I'd never betray the shapers but accidentally clicked on "I want to join you." Oops. 

I'm wanting to go for the loyalist ending. Should I go ahead and re-start since I'm close to the beginning anyway? Or is it not a big deal?

Also... howlongtobeat.com says G3's main story can be completed in about 6 1/2 hours. Seems unlikely for a Spiderweb game. main+extras lists about 48 hours, is that more like it?

Edited by FrenchFries

Not a big deal. You might have noticed that Litalia didn't take you up on that straight away. This dialogue option (and others like it) will shift other characters' perception of you as a loyal or rebellious Shaper. One rebel dialogue like this one can be easily countered by choosing more loyal dialogue in future or doing certain quests.

I think if you stuck rigidly to only storyline quests, it could be done under a day, but that's not usually the point of a Spiderweb game. 😛

It depends upon difficulty level, because the harder the setting in a Spiderweb game, the more time you spend in fights and the greater need to do side quests to raise party level. Then it also depends upon you knowing what needs to be done to stick with the main story line and not have to wander around figuring out how to get to the next location.

1 hour ago, wackypanda said:

This dialogue option (and others like it) will shift other characters' perception of you as a loyal or rebellious Shaper.

This one doesn't shift you at all. Whatever you tell Litalia outside the school has no bearing on reputation.

Finished Greenwood island. I have read that G3 is the least popular of this series but I am liking it so far. The fact that moving to a new island is a semi-major endeavor makes the islands feel like their own self contained little worlds. Sort of gives the game a bit more of a down to earth kind of feel. 

4 hours ago, Outside the Ox said:

Just wait until you want to go back and do something on a previous island and have to backtrack through multiple boats, walking in and out of 4 different zones to get there :/

I tend to be patient with such things but I have yet to discover how bad it is in g3. In general though, I am oddly more patient with things many people lose patience with, and less patient with things others don't mind. I quit playing Avadon 1 (for now anyway) to do G3 because I began to realize I was getting annoyed after every battle in Avadon. Not saying it was overly hard or anything. It just gets annoying at some point. This is coming from someone who went all the way through Geneforge 1 and had nothing but a good time (got the mad god ending). Avadon feels like Jeff slipped up somehow or he just "wasn't there" for lack of a better term.