Problems in Spider Area in Resurrection

Hi,

I'm having problems following the Celtic Walkthrough.  Aside from that, I'm in the Maze of Webs and can't find my way to two locations.  I've marched all the way around both of them, trying to walk through the walls on every segment around each, and nothing gives.  I've mapped their locations using Piercing Sight.  Note that I'm not new to the game, though I only break it out every five years or so.  

The first is the isolated section in the northwest corner — the one I can hear the sounds of angry spiders coming from.  Is this the 'nasty spider to the north' mentioned in the Celtic Walkthrough?  If not, where is the nasty spider?  If so, how do I get in there?  Speaking of the walkthrough, I spoke with every Spider in the friendly spider section, and none of them mentioned going to kill a nasty spider (and it doesn't show up under 'Current Quests').

The second section is the one that connects to the ledge in the center of the maze that has the chest on it.  How do I get up there?

I have looted the corpse in the isolated section to the southwest, found the hidden herbs, and killed four nasty spiders in a hidden section to the southeast, allong with one wandering monster spider near the center-east of the maze.

I have not spoken with the spider to the southeast of the spider area, as the walkthrough said to wait.  What am I waiting for?  I'm finding the walkthrough very difficult to understand.

I hope someone can help.  Merry Christmas, everybody.

Curtis Cook

Edited by Curtis
making it clear I'm playing as Celts

I haven't played since this version came out so I might misremember how to do it.

The ledge near the center of the maze is reached by a portal if I remember correctly that you enter by walking through a hedge from the inside.

I thought the northwest section was from walking through the hedge wall from the outside north.

Hello Curtis,

Both of those areas can only be reached when the friendly spiders give you access to them, I'm afraid.

To get access to the first, you'll first need to speak to the chief of the spiders. There will be a comment in this spider's description saying that he seems to be a leader. He will first give you a quest to speak to the Widow Queen, far to the west of the outdoors. Once you've done that and returned, the spider leader will give you a second quest. This is the one that involves the nasty spider. The quest will open up the section at the top of the map. Once you've finished this quest, you'll be able to reach the chest in the centre. Access will open up directly to the north of that area, and a small set of stairs will get you to the chest.

Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Hello Curtis,

Both of those areas can only be reached when the friendly spiders give you access to them, I'm afraid.

To get access to the first, you'll first need to speak to the chief of the spiders. There will be a comment in this spider's description saying that he seems to be a leader. He will first give you a quest to speak to the Widow Queen, far to the west of the outdoors. Once you've done that and returned, the spider leader will give you a second quest. This is the one that involves the nasty spider. The quest will open up the section at the top of the map. Once you've finished this quest, you'll be able to reach the chest in the centre. Access will open up directly to the north of that area, and a small set of stairs will get you to the chest.

Best of luck!

Thank you.  That's going to have to go on the list of places to go back to, then.  (There's one room in Galag-Trav where I can't beat the Fomorians, so I'll have to stop back after I've leveled up a couple of times.)

And thanks to Randomizer, whose memory is still better than mine.  (I succeeded at this as Romans a decade ago.)