Sign in to follow this  
txmimi

Sharimik scroll quest

I have the safe passage scroll from Knight in Sharimik, and I go to the Troglo Castle where I'm supposed to be arrested and put in a cell, etc., etc.  But when I get there, all anyone does is attack me, and I never see the king.  What am I doing wrong?

It's a scripted series of events.

Show the scroll

Get locked in a cell

Wait

Leave cell and approach throne room

Get shoved back in cell

Find and read scroll

Leave cell

Talk to Troglodyte King

fight or accept King's offer and return to cell

Read second scroll

Leave Castle or use secret passage to go below

I remember all that from previous playthroughs.  My issue is that the option to show the scroll doesn't happen.  Yesterday I killed everyone on the entire top floor and no one ever mentioned taking me to the king or the scroll or anything.

I have killed everyone in the castle without ever being thrown into jail or seeing the king.  Can anyone help?

I'm going to try one more time to get an answer to this situation:

I have the scroll from Sharimik to take to the troglo king.

I go there, no one arrests me or throws me in jail.

I kill every single being on the ground floor.

I work my way around the next floor, again killing everyone in sight.

I find the king.

He wants to know if I read the book he left in my cell.

Since I was never put in a cell, there is no book.

Therefore, the story cannot continue, unless I just decide to kill the king up front.

There is clearly something wrong!  The story does not unfold the way it has in my previous 2 playthroughs.

Will anyone help me?

The point where you diverge from the scripted path is when you approach Castle Troglo there should have been an option to get blindfolded and thrown in the cell. The only reason that I can think of that would stop it is the scroll isn't in Special Items.

The scroll is definitely in special items.  When I first approached the castle, the text just said that the guards standing there ran away in fear.  Not being able to do this part of the story correctly impacts my gaining the reward from Knight in Sharimik, so I am pretty annoyed at the mix-up.  I don't think I have an earlier save that won't make me crazy having to go back so far.

Hello txmimi,

This is a little strange, and I’m not quite sure why you’re seeing this behaviour. It sounds like a flag has broken somewhere. The game is coded to try and make it so that you simply can’t walk through into the castle unless very specific requirements are met. I think I can fix this for you but, just to try and figure out what has happened, could you answer me a few questions?

1. When you walked into the little foyer area with windows on either side right at the entrance of the castle, did any text or dialogue come up at all? If so, what was it?

2. What specifically are the first dialogue options you are presented with when you meet the King?

To fix this, enter the castle from the outdoors. Hold down ‘shift’ and ‘d’, and a prompt to enter some text should appear. Type this:

sdf 28 8 0

Now, exit the castle to the outdoors and enter again, but don't move the party any further. Sorry about that – it slightly reduces the number of changes you need to make!

Use shift-d again and enter these codes, one at a time:

sdf 28 12 0
sdf 28 17 1
sdf 28 16 1
sdf 28 13 0

Now, walk into the foyer. A message should come up, and you should be taken to see the king. You’ll skip the part with the history scroll, I’m afraid, but the encounter should play as normal after that. Don’t save until you’re sure everything is working as it should! It might be best to use a separate save slot if you have one available.

Let me know if you have any problems. This should work, but there might be complications if, say, the game isn’t recognising your diplomatic papers. I’ll need to come up with another workaround if that’s the case, or if the cause of your problem is something unusual.

23 hours ago, txmimi said:

The scroll is definitely in special items.  When I first approached the castle, the text just said that the guards standing there ran away in fear.  Not being able to do this part of the story correctly impacts my gaining the reward from Knight in Sharimik, so I am pretty annoyed at the mix-up.  I don't think I have an earlier save that won't make me crazy having to go back so far.

If the guards ran away in fear, that suggests that your party was too powerful. I don't know if that applies here, but I've certainly seen it happen with bands of unicorns when I went back to do some cleanup late in the game.

23 hours ago, Raptor said:

If the guards ran away in fear, that suggests that your party was too powerful. I don't know if that applies here, but I've certainly seen it happen with bands of unicorns when I went back to do some cleanup late in the game.

Reading txmimi's description I was wondering if the guards running away was an outdoor encounter out in the valley leading up to the castle.  Not that that should change the scripted encounter once the party actually enters the castle though.

If getting the reward is the only problem/issue, you can spend some coin & get the same result...

Spoiler

Up in Caloc (?, been a while.  Town south of Dorngrass over on the ocean, near the vampire/ogre dispute) you can buy a couple levels of Dispel Barrier