A3 Spiral Crypt & Gorvifal

Hello. I’m playing A3 on an iPad and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get to the center of the Spiral Crypt to face Gorvifal. I’ve checked the forum archives but no one’s solution seems to be working for me. Where is this hidden switch that everyone but me seems to be able to find? All the levers are stuck. Any help is much appreciated. 

There is a move mountains level 1 on the wall in the outer corridor east of the quickghast. Then inside the next area is a hidden switch on the north wall. However the magical barrier requires dispel barrier level 3.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You didn't expect the treasure to just pop into your back pack? :)

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

There is a move mountains level 1 on the wall in the outer corridor east of the quickghast. Then inside the next area is a hidden switch on the north wall. However the magical barrier requires dispel barrier level 3.

Does a piercing crystal cast dispell barrier at level 3? Seems more likely to be level 2.

Source - came there early enough to not have the spell myself (obv) and got the "need to cast this spell at a higher level" in different spots when using crystals.

Piercing crystals are usually level 2 in most games, but I think Jeff lowered it to level 1 with Avernum 2 remake and it is in this game.

I looked and the first magical barrier is level 1 and the second is level 2 so you need the spell.

This is an area where you can do the quest at a low level and have to come back later with the spell at a much higher party level.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:50 PM, Randomizer said:

I’ve gone in circles through that dungeon so many times I don’t even remember a quickghast. Every lever is stuck. I already have Dispel Barrier L3 and I’ve used up energy potions casting Move Mountains L3 in every conceivable spot but to no avail. For the love of god, where is it?? I’m a veteran of these games since the ‘90s when they were called Exile and I bought them on floppy disc ffs. Why can’t I solve this?

Edited by Justin Devlin

Go to the south corridor and the first southeast area after the portcullis is where you met the quickghast and that had the first lever. Past that to the east is a cracked wall section that opens to a level 1 dispel barrier. After fighting the undead to the northeast there is a hidden switch on the north wall of that room that opens the way to the center.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, Justin Devlin said:

Thanks a bunch. That is the toughest one to spot in the game. I thought it was a wall decoration.

Same here. I wasn't able to find this cracked wall before either and I had given up on it before completing the game. 

This explanation made finding it easy. And using my endgame party to clean it out was a breeze.