Sign in to follow this  
Minion

Spellcasting weapons and armour?

I happened to check the hint book for Exile: Escape from the Pit, and it says that the game has weapons and armour that can cast spells. How did that work? The only items capable of casting spells in the later games are specific spell-items like scrolls, wands and crystals that have no other function.

13 hours ago, The Almighty Doer of Stuff said:

You could equip them as usual, or you could press the Use button like it was a wand.

Could you equip them and press the use button? If I recall correctly, equipped items in the Exile games were simply italicized but still remained in your inventory (no dress-up doll).

The Boltblade comes to mind.  You can use it like wand to zap enemies, but you can also equip it like any other edged weapon and hit people with it.  Though, use the last charge and presumably it's gone and no longer works as a sword.  Really, you'd be better off with a normal/magic sword, and maybe a separate wand if you want.

Yeah.  There’s really no need to keep around anything with charges in the Exile series.  Unless you’re doing an unconventional runthrough like no spellcasters or a singleton, I guess.

Thank you all for your replies. My idle curiosity has been satisfied.