Exile III Complete Monster List

Turbomoose

Well, BoE's monster list is almost the same as E3's.  Some slight differences, the hill giants are cave giants, IIRC, also BoE added some new monsters (hydras come to mind), and doesn't have the special characters, of course.  As an aside, BoE uses different cave floor graphics to E3 for some reason, but the monster pictures still use the E3 statue of green cave floor not the BoE statue on white cave floor.

Personally, I find scrying every monster to be a big part of the game.

Looking into this...oh,  the giants are in BoE twice.  Monsters 54-57 are Cave Giant, Giant Shaman, Giant Chief and Mutant Giant, while monsters 155-158 are Hill Giant, Hill Giant Fighter, Hill Giant Shaman and Hill Giant Chief.  The normal/cave giants are generally tougher than the Hill Giants, but the Hill Giant Chief has more health than the Giant Chief.  I should totally start, lose interest in and abandon a BoE scenario about Cave Giants fighting Hill Giants.

There was a Giant Chief unconnected to the Hill Giants in E3, SW (ish) of Fort Emergence on the surface.  Always seemed a bit odd, especially as scrying him had him separate to Hill Giants, but I guess it makes sense.