Items in Avadon: Black Fortress

Ironhammer33

Quick note: I am NEW to the game!! Please no spoilers! I only just met the Dragon Khethrion (sp?).

Greetings.

My characters are walking around laden with a bunch of items that *appear* to be useful but won't even register on the sell list with merchants (i.e. incense, broken sword, ink, cauldron, scale, etc.).

Is there anyway to find out if these items are worth picking up? I mean I grabbed the incense, cauldron, ink, paper, and scale thinking my casters would want those for their "labs" (which don't exist obviously, or at least don't in the early part of the game I am in) but there doesn't appear to be a point to carrying it around. I'm even carrying around ale and wine for seemingly no reason. It's a bit disconcerting. :(

@Game Devs - Also, I would like to make a suggestion: let us keep our party of adventurers when we return to Avadon instead of making our helpers go back to their respective domiciles with all the items they are carrying for us. 

Edited by Ironhammer33

If the item has no value, then it's probably just for color to make the world more realistic but having no other purpose. So pretty much everything you mentioned can be dumped in a room that you aren't using and have cleared of valuables.

There are reasons for the party splitting up in Avadon as you will find out later in the game. You should be able to shift items between them in Avadon.

When viewing inventory in Avadon you can still switch characters by clicking on their portraits or typing the numbers 1 through 6.

I tend to pick up a lot of stackable things that may have no use simply because I can and they only take up one inventory slot.  I seem to remember that Avadon does not count inventory weight... ?

And also - there used to be some standard first time forum greeting of leaving one's sanity at the door, but apparently we all lost our minds, so... yeah.