A3:RW Dispell Barrier lvl 4?

I seem to be blocked from places that demand a stronger power of Dispell Barrier higher than 3. I have 3 and the barriers complain that I need a higher level. Is there really a level 4 to be had somewhere (like where?) or is it secret code meaning I don't have some important component? My main mission seems to be stuck so I'm thinking these barriers may hold more information. Thanks in advance. Also thanks for a great game!!

v1.0.1

I understand the contingent barriers. The game usually hints you can't break them. I finished the giant barriers. I'm not at a "place", I'm talking about a bunch of places that I have encountered. Above ground map mostly in the top third of it. Upper Avernum a few locations. So by your response there is no lvl 4?

There is definitely no level 4 version of the Dispel Barrier ability.  There are barriers that can't be dispelled by the spell at all -- if you try to dispel one, you should get this message in the info window:

"Dispel Barrier: This barrier is too powerful to ever be affected by this spell."

Fun fact: You don't actually NEED Dispel Barrier beyond Level 1 in order to complete the game. There's often some really good stuff hiding behind Level 2 or 3 barriers, but never anything vital to your progress. In other cases, there's always another way past - by breaking down walls with Move Mountain, or picking locked doors with Tool Use. This is to ensure that it remains possible to finish the game should you opt to join the Anama, cutting you off from all Mage-Spells and leaving you with only Piercing Crystals (which casts the equivalent of the Level 1 spell) for your barrier-breaking needs...