A3: possible bug w/ northern unicorns

I cannot catch these green buggers for the life of me, and I have 19 accumulated points of Nature Lore in the party! The hint book said you needed "8", and even if that was a typo and supposed to be "18", it's not working. Unless--god forbid--a single PC needs a total of 8 (shudder) Nature Lore?

Update: this is weird as heck, but swinging through the area again, I was now easily able to catch/kill the unicorns. I did not add anymore Nature Lore since my earlier post! Glad it resolved itself, but I can't explain why it happened in the 1st place.

I had a similar experience where I was first unable to catch the unicorns with Nature Lore 12-13, but was later able to hunt them down without having increased my Nature Lore (either by skill points or items). I suppose your level might affect it somehow.

It was a sick twisted joke.  Don't follow me into the abyss if you value your sanity.  But maybe you've already left it at the door?

I honestly don't know what the bug is or even if it's a bug because I'm having the same issue.  How many plagues have you finished?

Edited by Electrons are Eigenmetric Solitons
On 2/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Electrons are Eigenmetric Solitons said:

The laying and subsequent fertilization of unicorn eggs is no laughing matter.

On 1/12/2007 at 3:16 PM, Scorpius said:

I was just thinking, would you find it more preferable to routinely lay eggs like a unicorn instead of menstruating once a month? Thanks in advance for your input!