Anyone has a guide to the Artifacts?

These things are pretty obscure and hard to track down... gotta randomly talk to the right person in the right city and ask the right questions to even get started, and sometimes the right person wanders from city to city so you can wind up missing them entirely. I keep coming across the places where I know the Artifact-dungeons are, but I can't find them because I don't have the all-important information.

The Xian Skull gives hints, but they are obscure and only appear randomly. I'm getting paranoid about missing stuff. There's a 'lead' on an artifact in every province, right? At least, that's how I remember it from Exile 3... but I've definitely missed some of them. So, does anyone at least have a list of the 'starting-point' for every Artifact quest-line? Like, who do you talk to or where do you look in order to get the first hint of the Artifact? I've got leads from the Isle of Bigail (the Bow) and one from Karnold (the Halberd), but I seem to have missed whatever you can find in Krizsan, and while I've got some leads in the Midori Province, I've yet to actually manage to track down Foxfire the Bard. No idea where to even start on Footracer, either - but I seem to recall that the hint in Monroe comes from a book in the famous Gale Library.

I personally used the old Avernum 3 walkthrough for artifact guides. Avernum 3 walkthrough

There's a section on Xian items, rare items and the legendary artifacts. Some parts are changed in the remake (Knowledge brew is now a shield, Fury Crossbow is now the Fury Bow and the Mage ring is now a wand) but otherwise it should be very similar if not the same as before. 

Edited by ultra blue4

Ah, handy guide, thanks... still had some trouble finding the starting-hook for the Wand of Endless Magery I suppose, though. According to the guide, the information should come from a wizard who's either in one of the small rooms along the eastern walls of Kriszan, or in the Inn of Delan - but I searched in both places, and found nothing. Eventually, after spending some time running around on other errands, he DID appear in Kriszan - so I suspect he actually has a wider circuit than just those two cities.

Anyway, does anyone know if all of the Xian artifacts are still in the present game? I seem to have missed several despite already visiting the places where they're supposed to be...

Edited by BlackDragon

3 hours ago, BlackDragon said:

Ah, handy guide, thanks... still had some trouble finding the starting-hook for the Wand of Endless Magery I suppose, though. According to the guide, the information should come from a wizard who's either in one of the small rooms along the eastern walls of Kriszan, or in the Inn of Delan - but I searched in both places, and found nothing. Eventually, after spending some time running around on other errands, he DID appear in Kriszan - so I suspect he actually has a wider circuit than just those two cities. ...

The wizard travels between two locations. You happened to visit each when he was at the other one.

Edited by Soul of Wit
formatting

2 hours ago, Soul of Wit said:

The wizard travels between two locations. You happened to visit each when he was at the other one.

How QUICKLY do these people travel? I head direct from one place to the other and back, and keep coming up blank... well, obviously, I managed to find the chap in the end, but now I'm having the same problem with Foxfire. I assumed they'd stay in each location for a day, at least. >_>

4 hours ago, Randomizer said:

There a few different Xian items this time, but almost all are the same and in their old locations.

The hardest to find is the Amphora.

Well, that's nice and enigmatic. :p Don't suppose you'd care to share where THAT one is hiding, then? I know that Xian items CAN be permanently missed, since I apparently lost the Xian Ale (assuming it's still there, and in the same place as it used to be) by failing to notice it in the grove, and then leaving. You can never return...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are full time explorer you won't miss any xian items, as for the legendery items, hold on to your xian skull, he will eventually tell you where to look for the clues for all legendery items and when he says so, you should go and check that place cuz that's when npc will be there or I was just lucky enough Or just follow the old A3 guide. Also talk with all inn-keeprs and buy their drinks.