Sign in to follow this  
BenS

A3: a few mid-to-late game ?s (minor spoilers)

1) I can't seem to get Irvine to deal w/ me in Shayder. Since doing a quest for him opens up some nice little subsequent paths re: the Anama, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm missing or doing wrong.

2) I bought a certain property in Lorelei, but even though my surly housekeeper noted I have a "guest", I cannot find said guest, no matter how many times I've looked in every nook and cranny. I even spent the night and looked again. Nada. Subsequent visits to my new home did involve an interesting fight against "rats", though. Any ideas?

3) This is an early game issue, but it's bothering me still. In Shayder, down in the sewers, there's a Muck Pit or something like that. I cannot find anything there even though the game is hinting that I should be able to when I enter it. Not sure whether I need a certain Luck score (or perhaps collective Luck total among the 4 PCs), and if so, what it is. I had thought I needed a high Nature Lore, but even at 16 (I know, too many points!), I don't find anything there. So that's why I now think it's Luck-based. Can someone confirm what I need here?

Thanks in advance.

1. You gotta buy a beer from the bartender, then buy another one, then she points you to Irvine.

2. This didn't work out for me either... you're supposed to see the ghost of the previous owner of the mansion, and he shows you where a treasure is, but I only ever got the basilisk event and the ghost in the courtyard event. Maybe it's bugged in the remake?

3. Is this uh. There's a sailor you can talk to in Shayder who mentions tossing a wand down the sewer once he joined the Anama, and I think what you mean is the place where you find the wand? But you gotta know it's there first from talking to the sailor.

2. The ghost appears only on certain days. Leave town and return when you are in the area.

3. You can find the wand without talking to the sailor. That is one the east side.  There is another area on the west side with the spiders that just requires get items.

Ok, thank you both.

I will try the bartender avenue to talk to Irvine; never thought about it.

As for the ghost, that's going to be a bit annoying having to track different days and returning there in hopes of it appearing, but so be it. Hopefully it spawns often.

Yes, the wand I got much earlier, but it sounds like I need to use the trusty "u" key in the Muck Pit to find something I'm missing. B/c I'm pretty sure I already looked there otherwise when I first got there. Which is why I was confused when the text box hinted at something there.

4. On the small island of Kneece, there is a stone circle where I believe there is supposed to be an opponent to fight. But nothing shows up. Do I need a quest to meet said opponent?

5. On Lost Isle (Remote Isles), I think I missed out on a quest opportunity w/ Captain Brooks b/c I had a *gasp* Nephil in my party. Can anyone confirm that, and if so, what was the quest/reward?

3 hours ago, BenS said:

4. On the small island of Kneece, there is a stone circle where I believe there is supposed to be an opponent to fight. But nothing shows up. Do I need a quest to meet said opponent?

5. On Lost Isle (Remote Isles), I think I missed out on a quest opportunity w/ Captain Brooks b/c I had a *gasp* Nephil in my party. Can anyone confirm that, and if so, what was the quest/reward?

4. You need to read a book on a certain place to be able to locate the lair.