A3:RW cheat list?

If you get stuck, Avernum 3: Ruined World has a series of cheat codes. These codes can heal you, make you stronger, or pull you out of ugly situations.

Be very careful using these. First, they can make the game too easy. Also, if you overuse some of them (like “backtostart”), you might mess up the game's plot. Try to only use them if you're completely stuck.

If you hold the Shift key down and type 'd', the cheat box comes up. Enter the phrases below and hit Return to get the given effect.

editor – Brings up the character editor, enabling you to freely edit your party’s skills, traits, and spells. Before this will work, you must enable it on the title screen.
fps - See Avernum’s current frame rate.
ouchouchouch – Heals and cures your group.
buffmenow – Gives each of your characters multiple blessings.
freemymind – Cures any character that is suffering from a mental effect. Also removes a death curse.
iampoor – Gives you 500 coins.
imdrained - Recharges your spell energy.
backtostart – Returns you to Fort Emergence. Very useful if you get stuck.
teachmenow - Gives you some experience.
showmeall - Makes all characters (even ones you can’t see) appear on your automap.
dontshowmeall - Stops making all characters appear on your automap.
resetboats - Returns all boats to their starting positions. Boats you previously purchased will no longer be your property. Use the backtostart cheat if this strands you somewhere.
calmthetower - Resets the timer for the Tower of Magi disaster.
letsbefriends - If Shayder, eastern villages, or a dragon are angry at you, calm them down.

Note that after stealing from the Anama "letsbefriends" didn't work after leaving Shayder and returning.  Perhaps I was doing something wrong.  Because of this I wasn't able to remove a dread curse.  The curse didn't seem to do much though and I was able to finish.  Black Halberd + Quicksilver Sandals!

Any day counter editor like in Avernum 3? I didn't think that the Starcap-Siha quest would have such a strict timer on it. I'm on day 26 and Siha's home is already filled with troglodytes. I didn't think I was doing too bad on time, but I guess I was wrong.

Edit: Didn't realize it starts out destroyed. Still, is there a day counter editor?

Edited by Superteeth

Out of curiosity, letsbefriends doesn't include un-enraging job dispatchers, does it?

I eagerly took a high paying bounty to deliver a Rabid Hellhound to the High Priest of the Anama, knowing they sometimes travel alongside trogs. Only to find when I tried to engage said group, I got a "lol, nope!" dialog message, and the encounter never happened...

In retrospect... no, I don't know what the anti-magic pope wanted with the body of a nether-borne canine inflicted with the deadliest (once symptoms manifest) disease known to the natural world, but I'm more worried about my employment prospects.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, Necris Omega said:

Out of curiosity, letsbefriends doesn't include un-enraging job dispatchers, does it?

Turns out, no it doesn't.

Problem wasn't the aforementioned rabid hellhound delivery (I found one of those on time), but rather a delivery to Father Oraithion. Who was dead when I got opened the door to his shrine. .

Really kinda sucks, to be honest.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, Superteeth said:

Edit: And failing that, is there any way to get back into the Filth Factory?

No.  The entrance vanishes when you run out

On 2/11/2018 at 5:46 PM, Necris Omega said:

Problem wasn't the aforementioned rabid hellhound delivery (I found one of those on time), but rather a delivery to Father Oraithion. Who was dead when I got opened the door to his shrine. .

You may want to check your quest list.  Checking in on Fr. O was given as a quest by one of the assorted Anama Priests/town leaders or on the main Shayder quest board.  Actually there was two quests there, check on him & check on the overall condition of the place (given by different people).

The Southpoint Lighthouse shows up a lot on the job boards, you may have had to go there for your delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

LetsbeFriends doesn't work in my case: Probably killed the Bravner militia (game even said Uh-Oh this was probably a bad idea. ) - when they attacked because of my Slith "Demon" character and I accidentally clicked OK or forgot to avoid them. (I accepted the default party the game offered at begin). So now I get attacked every time entering Bravner. Might be that I forgot Mother Loomis' quest too long.  Doesn't matter now. Solved it!  Restored a slightly earlier game, just to be safe.. then:

I got fed up with my Slith and cat characters so I edited the savegame in HexWorkshop and replaced both aliens with my first human character. Now I have 3 human girls and one human male.   Hope to never get attacked again because of  a slith "Demon!".  :)

Edited by mercy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any cheat to add items? On my Torment singleton run, idk what happened to the Hardiness crystal in the Slime Pit. I've checked the place where you're supposed to get it, my inventory, and the only place I use to store items.

Edit: lol doh, found it! I checked my item storage again, and realized the crystal I thought was Sniper was actually Hardiness.

Edited by Nobear