I have killed Guhkbar but can't find Captain Maxine who gave me the quest (A3).  Also, I killed the head unicorn in the maze before getting the quest, and now I don't see a special horn with curvy lines on it.  Have I botched this quest?

I killed the unicorn before the quest and it worked fine. It's up the ramp, and it goes into your inventory as a 'special item'

49 minutes ago, txmimi said:

I have killed Guhkbar but can't find Captain Maxine who gave me the quest (A3).

In general you can find the person to report to in the city that you got the quest from...

(more specific details available upon request)

Edited by TriRodent
Bumped the mouse which then clicked 'enter' - been a long week....

Well. . . that's exactly my point.  The journal doesn't say where I got the quest.  I've gone back through all the cities in the area and looked at every single person without finding her.  So my more specific question is. . . what city is she in?

Krizsan - the guard captain wandering around.

Quests are only given in the major cities (jobs for the most part as well, although with them you may need to report to a smaller city/person there)

I reported back to Commander Ace that the Chitricks were defeated and she said she would fix the heat for the Sliths.  But the quest still shows in my journal and I can't find the slith who told me about the heat (Aeosth sp?)