[G5]how to open the southern door of Kratoa Stoneworks power core?

vainquit

4 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

I think its a matter of waiting. You need to fight a few monsters and stay alive in there until it unlocks.

Well, I have been waiting for so long, only to find that the machine in the centre sprays power again and again,which do great damage to my health .So I have to heal myself again and again while bearing the damage.....And, I didn't see any monster ...really weird...

In the room with the leaky power core, you need to constantly bounce between several levers that either control the power flow that goes into the power core or open the southern door. Once you fiddle with the mechanisms of the lever by the southern door enough times, it should open. However, that lever has a bit of a cooldown that forces you to wait at least one round before you can continue unlocking it.

Edited by Seasons of Destiny

To clarify Seasons of Destiny's response, that room has three objects with which you can interact (if I recall correctly). There is a lever adjacent to the southern door which, as he said, you must repeatedly use to open the door. You will be able to tell whether you have made progress based on what it tells you (for example, if it says something like "You can work on it more later", you'll need to wait a little bit). The two consoles to the north (actually more like east) and south control the power flow to the middle. Just keep using them and they'll prevent the system from exploding and harming you. I suggest waiting for the game to say "The [direction] conduit is approaching maximum power", using the console there, and then immediately going to the lever.

Also, for the record, the Kratoa Stoneworks is one of the most obnoxious dungeons in the entire series.

And I've done the GF1 power core on torment.

Good luck...

Edited by TheKian

10 hours ago, Seasons of Destiny said:

In the room with the leaky power core, you need to constantly bounce between several levers that either control the power flow that goes into the power core or open the southern door. Once you fiddle with the mechanisms of the lever by the southern door enough times, it should open. However, that lever has a bit of a cooldown that forces you to wait at least one round before you can continue unlocking it.

Oh! I know why I failed to rotate the lever... It must because I  clicked it too frequently, without any break.. Thank you!

8 hours ago, TheKian said:

To clarify Seasons of Destiny's response, that room has three objects with which you can interact (if I recall correctly). There is a lever adjacent to the southern door which, as he said, you must repeatedly use to open the door. You will be able to tell whether you have made progress based on what it tells you (for example, if it says something like "You can work on it more later", you'll need to wait a little bit). The two consoles to the north (actually more like east) and south control the power flow to the middle. Just keep using them and they'll prevent the system from exploding and harming you. I suggest waiting for the game to say "The [direction] conduit is approaching maximum power", using the console there, and then immediately going to the lever.

Also, for the record, the Kratoa Stoneworks is one of the most obnoxious dungeons in the entire series.

And I've done the GF1 power core on torment.

Good luck...

Finally I managed to open the door....I agree with you that it is the most disgusting  scene I have ever seen......your  instruction is clear, and  until now I realize what the function of the other two consoles and avoid wasting essence and supplies to heal myself.....thank you !!