Geneforge 5 Tweaks

Samcast

[MOD #1]              
                        PURPOSE
                       ==========
To have the option of owning any creation without having to join a faction.
                        HOW TO USE
                      ==============
You need to make your way down to one of the end-game zones "Dera South Shore"
and from there you need to locate a Drakon hiding in a building towards the south east.
The drakon has her own store, but an option "Teach me shaping" will be available.

[MOD #2]  
                        CONTENTS
                      ===========
-Replaces Pyroroamer with a level 10 Armoured Podling. Has Curse Rain and Acid Bite.
-Replaces Charged Vlish with a level 15 Decaying Vlish. Has Decaying Ray(Poison + Ray Damage) and a Sting Attack.
-Replaces Ur-Drakon with a level 40, 10 AP Unbound One. Has Unbound Death Breath(Damage + Acid) and Bite attack.

INSTALLATION
                    ====================
1- Right click the genforge 5 shortcut and select "Open file location"
2- Click and open 'Genforge 5 files"
3- Select and open "Scripts"
4- Drag the contents from the download into "Scripts" folder

Both mods are compatible with each other.

I am hoping to get feedback to balance creations and/or the location of trainer/s. As i study quite often, i may not be able to make instant alterations. This mod is just something i wanted to make, and to share.  Have fun i guess xD!

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/861n7351h2209sf/G5 MODS.rar

Edited by Samcast
grammer

• 1 month later...

Hello! New mods is nice! Being able to shape Podlings is certainly nice, since they're basically mass debuffing machines. Charged Vlish with Decaying Vlish is a good buff, though I myself admit I'm not a fan of charged creations. And being able to shape Unbound sounds horrendously OP, if it wasn't for the fact that you basically can't Shape them until way way endgame. XD

And being able to own any creation without joining a faction would be quite nice. My only question is if it's possible to get training for Shaping Drakons, since getting the Ur-Drakon (or in your mod, an Unbound) is practically impossible until way endgame.

6 hours ago, Gameman112358 said:

Hello! New mods is nice! Being able to shape Podlings is certainly nice, since they're basically mass debuffing machines. Charged Vlish with Decaying Vlish is a good buff, though I myself admit I'm not a fan of charged creations. And being able to shape Unbound sounds horrendously OP, if it wasn't for the fact that you basically can't Shape them until way way endgame. XD

And being able to own any creation without joining a faction would be quite nice. My only question is if it's possible to get training for Shaping Drakons, since getting the Ur-Drakon (or in your mod, an Unbound) is practically impossible until way endgame.

I will try to answer as best as i can, any questions or requests be sure to ask.

The standard way for achieving 'Train Drakon' is through the use of canisters. The 3 canisters are at: Gazaki-uss, kayar's spire cells  and Inner Gazaki-uss. There is no way through normal game play to achieve the 3rd drakon canister (inner Gazaki-uss) due to it being a faction only (pro shaper only).

My mod however fixes this for an insanely low price (I would like people's help to balance this, as i am not a great script editor or else i would make it work with reputation).

Since all creations are available, you can train in drakons x2 to not unlock the unbound( if you want i could re-edit the mod and replace unbound with Ur-drakon ).  

+The unbound at first may look strong at level 40, but compared to a random unbound they are little bit weaker.

As you said 'way end game' if you want, I could make alterations to early zones to give access to a similar trainer. only problem is having high levelled creations, could prevent enjoyment but that's up to the user.  At this link ( https://imgur.com/a/rcGwX ), there is a preview of the fire shaping.

Hopefully I've answered your question, be sure to let me know if i didn't 

On ‎19‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, Samcast said:

+The unbound at first may look strong at level 40, but compared to a random unbound they are little bit weaker.

If you put in the artifacts one could have and items that give your creations huge boosts, I think they are not.

On ‎19‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:12 AM, Gameman112358 said:

And being able to shape Unbound sounds horrendously OP, if it wasn't for the fact that you basically can't Shape them until way way endgame. XD

Weeeeeeeell... some people have tried it. Yes they are OP but not "horrendously". They are like 1 1/2 War Tralls more or less. And let's be sincere here: even without them towards the end game a completionist is ridiculously OP already. My endgame Shaper had a ton of artifacts and items that boosted creations giving them like +8-12 to stats. Throw in the regeneration aura so they get back ~30 hp per round and they're like +15-20 levels or something (and they started high because I had a different set of items to boost my Shaping skills).

Eh, true. I will admit, if the Unbound that you Shaped/Controlled had those ridiculous abilities (Powerful AoE attacks, Shaping creations mid-battle, etc), they'd definitely start hitting the "horrendously" OP stage. XD

Reminds me of the thought/idea where Geneforge made it so that your party members had access to spells and abilities like the Avernum series does. Enemy Gazers for example have the (Strong?) Daze ability; the ones under your control do not. Terror Vlish back when that was a thing has two attacks, a poison ray attack and terror attack. Controllable ones only have the poison ray attack, not the terror attack (which is particularly ridiculous because they're called *Terror* Vlish, not overpriced Artila). I wish it was a thing, but alas, it isn't, and I have my doubts it ever will be a thing.

Kind of wish that leveling creations up didn't take up more essence. Or they took way way less. And perhaps they'd get certain upgrades if they leveled up enough times. I'd need to think about upgrades, but for example (and for the sake of extra hilarity and perhaps awesomeness), if you've been keeping that Fyora you made near the start of the game with you and you've been trying to keep him alive, he'd over time grow more and more powerful, for example his attack power goes up. Perhaps he becomes better at dodging attacks. Maybe after a few level ups he becomes fast enough to get extra action points, meaning he can attack twice in combat if you do things right. Stuff like that. Probably OP, but hey, it does encourage a different playstyle, and I'm assuming that this is with the idea you can shape in battle; you could either have a massive horde of expendable creations, or a smaller group of very powerful ones.

Actually, speaking of Shaping in battle, it gave me an idea for an ability, or perk, or skill, or whatever. Something like this:
Combat Shaper (or some other name)
"You are able to Shape creations mid combat, however due to the stress of dealing with enemies and Shaping at the same time, these creations are less powerful than ones made in less dangerous situations (E.g. Peace mode), and you are unable to control them. Increasing this skill reduces the penalty."
How it works:
+Can Shape mid combat (meaning you do not to be in peace mode to Shape)
+Creations DO NOT take up a slot in your party
+Harder for them to go "rogue", unlike creations with 0 INT.
-Less powerful; they take a level penalty. Can be mitigated by putting more points into the Combat Shaper skill
-Cannot be controlled, meaning the AI will decide what to do with them.
-(Possibly) Takes up 3-5 AP to Shape in the middle of a fight. AP used can be reduced by putting more points into the Combat Shaper skill.

This kind of skill is also one that I initially thought would be unique to Shock Troopers, since they'd probably be the best at Shaping even in the thick of battle, but some of the other classes should probably get it. Mind you, this is just a rough outline, so it may change. Basically, if you wanted to Shape a ton of creations all at once, and have giant hordes supporting you, this is the skill you want. :D

Edited by Gameman112358

Only way that you could possibly implement that idea is to change an existing spell to spawn a creation, which is probably impossible anyway. Shaping in combat is part of the creature scripts, while player Shaping is hardcoded. The spell scripts, of course, are much different from area and mob scripts.

Also, creation leveling and whatnot is hardcoded, so it's impossible to mod at the moment (I mean, I could trawl through the executable hex code, but it would be way too much work to make a patcher and unpatcher for it).

TL;DR sorry mate, wouldn't work.

Another way to do it, quite more complex but doable, is through a usable item that triggers a script. But for the creations to not be in the party, they have to be included in all zones.

Level, bonuses etc can be scripted, but the presence of the creations to be summoned is unavoidable and its the big hustle.

It is possible in a way similar to the way Pinchy (the imba-powerful Clawbug Shaped by Arkaron when you have him in your party in the Warrior Mod) worked, but it is too much work to do that for all zones.

TL;DR sorry mate, it's too much work...

Edited by alhoon