Avernum: Escape from the Pit - Slith Cavern Loot Question

I was exploring the Slith Cavern (north of the small island with the wandering pack of slithzerikai shamans) and Portage. I made my way to the laboratory in the northeastern corner of the cavern. There was an experiment that had gotten loose -- a Runewarded Infernal -- subdued by the slithzerikai chieftain, Darkcaller Nuassa and a handful of cronies.

I managed to kill the Darkcaller, the chieftain, the warriors, and I managed to pick up the loot (including the Radiant Gauntlets), but with one character remaining alive I had to undertake a strategic retreat to the nearby Fort Dranlon. I came back with my party buffed and ready, only to find that the Runewarded Infernal was nowhere to be seen. Apparently he had escaped back into the Nether.

My question is thus: does anyone know if the Runewarded Infernal drops any loot at all? I really wouldn't want to backpedal an hour's worth of gameplay to a previous save. I usually save like a madman but this time it somehow slipped from my mind.

PS. I did try to search the forums in case this question had been answered or not. Moderators retain the rights to move this post to a relevant topic, or lock this thread, in case it's already answered elsewhere.