Bender89

Luminous plant's engineered by real wizards!(at MIT)

Plot twist: in a few days, on multinational news channels, we can expect to see an exclusive interview with some Erika Redmark, a previously unknown and unsung researcher at MIT...

Bender89 and Triumph like this

So who is going to get a  clone or some glowing algae and meet me in an abandoned West Virginia coal mine? I'm kind of serious with this, the only issue is safety and getting the plants to adhere to the ceiling  without the roots causing cave in's. Then we can all live in our own version of exile! * waiting for Jeff's lawyer's letter*

We'd need to introduce a large species of lizards to the caverns, too. Comodo dragons should do the trick. Hence we'd have giant lizards and dragons in one cast of stone!

Being serious though, if you do happen to succeed getting your hands on those plants and in rooting them to a ceiling, I demand pictures. :) (That is, if it's legal and you don't yourself into trouble.)

" The particles used to get the plants to glow are the same particles used in most medicines, so they’re FDA-approved and safe for humans, although Strano emphasized the fact that he and his team do no intend for the plant-lights to be consumed."

... Still, if this technology ever fully crystallizes, I 100% expect to see glowing salads. Too much marketing potential for "Luminous Diets".

Glow in the dark pets and babies so you can keep track of where the little things run off to in the dark.

... The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon bred glow in the dark fishes.

Luminous contact-lenses. Can you imagine the amount of horror and fun those things could spread?

On 12/16/2017 at 12:35 PM, Zaego said:

Luminous contact-lenses. Can you imagine the amount of horror and fun those things could spread?

Cat eye contact lenses.  Have you SEEN how their eyes glow?

On 12/17/2017 at 4:35 AM, Zaego said:

Attaching a light source to your own eyeballs might not be that practical.  Luminous eye shadow, perhaps...

6 hours ago, Thaluikhain said:

Attaching a light source to your own eyeballs might not be that practical.  Luminous eye shadow, perhaps...

Heh, didn't think about that at the time. :p I wonder if they'll ever manage to refine more strains, like red-glowing mushrooms, too.