Sted

Geneforge Team Info?

Sted   

Just curious, does anyone know anything about the development team responsible for the original Geneforge game? I don't necessarily need names, just the amount of people who worked on it. 

Exactly one person. Jeff Vogel. Sometimes his wife helps I believe but I don't recall what with. He has a friend who does some of the art too but I don't think any of that is in the Geneforge series.

Sted   
2 minutes ago, ShinyLegions said:

Exactly one person. Jeff Vogel. Sometimes his wife helps I believe but I don't recall what with. He has a friend who does some of the art too but I don't think any of that is in the Geneforge series.

That explains why I wasn't able to dig anything up. Thank you for your help!

His wife does things like inserting items into containers and running the business to free up time for writing and coding.

You can check the game credits for more information.

That's true for all the Spiderweb games. It's a one-man operation with a little help from one woman.

—Alorael, who supposes there's been mention of Linda Strout having possibly helped with game scutwork as well as with the business end. She was an employee for a while, mostly but maybe not entirely on the office/sales side of things.

All Spiderweb art is contracted. People are paid to provide art, but they're not employees.

—Alorael, who thinks Exile I was the only exception. He's pretty sure some of the graphics were crude creations of Jeff Vogel himself. It was a simpler time.