Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Wulfe

Geneforge 3 Lankan

As a pro-Shaper, what to do with this guy?

Am I supposed to kill him or leave him alone? Since there is no specific quest to axe him, I didn't attack, but is there any reward for offing him?

No real reward other than you can loot in peace.  However it isn't an easy fight.

Jeff really didn't write the game so there are easy resolutions.

Triumph   

If you are playing a loyalist shaper, you basically just take care of the island's problems and move on, leaving stubborn derpy dopey Lankan to stew in the swamp. If you have picked up the weird canister in Diwaniya's caves, avoid Lankan. Visiting him with it will force you to either give it to him or fight him.

TheKian   

You can brutally slaughter him and his companions to the last, trodding over their lifeless, charred corpses in victory. This, of course, gets you a bit of XP, which is always nice.

However, you get a few problems as a result of doing that. The main one is that Greta leaves you immediately, instead of on the third island (Alwan or Greta will always leave after you finish the third island, depending on your alignment). Secondly, as you might expect, the Shaper (Diwaniya, I think) is horrified by you and tells you to get the heck out, though I don't know whether it prevents you from getting additional training.

alhoon   
9 hours ago, TheKian said:

(Alwan or Greta will always leave after you finish the third island, depending on your alignment).

In the umodified version of the game which isn't the one alhoon is playing.

Keep in mind that keeping them when playing a Shaper is taking slots more powerful creations *cough* leveled Vlish * cough* could take. So it is balanced. But Vlish are overpowered enough that you don't have to worry too much.