Sign in to follow this  
ian

Registered to say this!

ian   

Thanks Spiderweb for Geneforge! I used to play the first one as a kid when I got it in a CD with multiple games but I never finished it (probably because I didn't speak/read English back then). I'm in my 20s now and playing the first one again. Reading the story and dialogs really caught me this time. (I'm the kind of people who usually dislikes RPGs). Can't wait to finish the saga and try other games from Spiderweb.

Jeff Vogel's writing really is amazing, isn't it? It always amazes me when I see how many people learn English in order to, or by, playing Spiderweb Software games, or who don't have a firm grasp of the language but are hooked enough to come back later when they do. The games are basically interactive novels with pretty pixel graphics, treasure hunting, and turn-based strategy combat. They're pretty unique.

(Also, they are not going to see this because they don't really read the forums unless it's around release time for a new game. They love reading fan email though, if you'd like to email them at support@spiderwebsoftware.com :) Either way, welcome to the community!)

ian likes this

ian   

Thanks, I'll definitely email them my thoughts on the game when I finish it. Probably with a fan art included :p
I'll post the fan art here too, also it might be fun to share the process since it'll probably be a 3D model.

alhoon likes this