Sign in to follow this  
Hyena of Ice

Where Is Rosemary? (Rats Aplenty)

I looked everywhere in the Ruins/Grotto, she is nowhere to be found.  (The missing girlfriend, for the unaware)  How do I finish this quest?  (Yes, I already rescued her hiking friend)

Based on reading the scripts, I think you have to go through a handful of outdoor special encounters to find her. Wander around the outdoors near the Grotto, paying particular attention to unusual rocks, trees, or bandits. There are several steps and I haven't worked out exactly which ones you have to do in which order, but it looks relatively simple if you just wander around that part of the outdoors a bit.

I'm at work and going by memory here, but as Kelandon alluded to, there are four outdoor encounters you have to go through to find Rosemary. Each encounter should point you to the general direction of the next. From your post I'd guess you've found the first?

That said, the second should be in the north-west part of the map hidden behind some trees in a swamp, I think. This one is the hardest to find as I recall. The third is in the hills in the east and the last is south of there in the south-east corner. 

Edited by Smoo