Stuck in Exodus

Tyranicus

Inspired by Chessrook44's Let's Play, I've been replaying Exodus, and I'm stuck in the Lava Ocean. I cleared out the Lava Lizard Cave and got the Crystal Key, but when I talk to Kass, he says I need to keep searching the Cave for a clue telling me where to go. I'm 99% sure I've searched every single nook and cranny in that cave.  I tried going to the Vahnatai Lab without prompting, but I can't get in. It's just a blank wall. Any suggestions?

Search the old Vahnatai village again. There's a desk there, with a note (a message pops up telling you "you hear a rat" in case you miss it). Then go through the secret exit to the South and search the body.

You can't entr the lab until Kass gives you the quest, and he won't do that until you've told him about the note.

Edited by ChowGuy

From the hints:

Spoiler

Place the first mirror at (20,29) to redirect the beam south and break a projector. Move the first mirror out of the way (one space west should do it) and go to the southwest corner. Fetch the second mirror and place it at (19,41). Then put the first mirror back. The door should now open.

Let me know if there's something about that that's not working and I can be more specific.