• Announcements

• Driftposting

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Foumantoo

Spiderweb Games able to run on Win 10 64 Bit

How about a general comment on which game is the earliest Spiderweb game will run on modern PC with Win 10 64 bit? I would assume all of the ones after that will work eh?

All Avernums should work and of course all Avadons and Avernum remakes work, Exiles won't and Geneforges vary (5 works and others might have more or less problems). Blades of Avernum no idea (since BoE is opensource nowadays it could work).

Testing is easy, just download demos and try to install and start game.

sylae   
Blades of Avernum no idea (since BoE is opensource nowadays it could work).

what

okay so just fyi blades of exile and blades of avernum are different games.

modern BoE works perfectly well on modern systems. Get the version from the BoE forum. 32- or-64 bit should be fine. Don't use the version from SW's main site because it won't work on modern systems.

BoA works perfectly fine on my system (Win7 x64) and I see no reason for it to have issues on a windows 10 system.

nikki.   

Can confirm. I've played BoA on my Windows 10 computer in the past week. I've also played the original Nethergate, which leads me to assume that only the Exile games will have difficulty running.

I know BOA and BOE are different games and I was saying that no idea if BOA works and BOE works cause its been upgraded.

Some players have reported problems with some Geneforges in modern systems (http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23612-windows-10-geneforge-1/, http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/22440-is-there-any-way-to-play-geneforge-1-without-all-the-stuttering/ and others) so try with demos (play 30 mins-1 hour) to see if they fully work.