• Announcements

• Qualified from Tact

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
sljzz

Party size mod in Avadon 3

sljzz   

I noticed that nobody has posted one of these for A3, so here it is.

Since I can't figure out how to upload a file to this forum (Thanks to whoever can tell me), I'll just post the script I changed.

From the scripts folder, open z0nightshade.txt, find

change_level(-1,-1,-1,2,-1);

and replace with

change_level(-1,-1,-1,5,-1);

This will allow you to select up to 5 companions when exiting camp nightshade, despite what the text says.

1. can't upload files to this forum so if you need to post file then upload it so somewhere like zippyshare.

2. I'd think so that needs to edit all main camp files due its location changes.

Xander77   
On 3/11/2017 at 1:32 AM, sljzz said:

I noticed that nobody has posted one of these for A3, so here it is.

Since I can't figure out how to upload a file to this forum (Thanks to whoever can tell me), I'll just post the script I changed.

That's great. Do the other companions comment on events? Does the game keep track of who you take out on quest missions, and does this count?

Usually the game will only display dialogue for 2 companions no matter what.  And no, it doesn't track who you take on missions at all.

Xander77   
Posted (edited)

What are the other files? Thekeep, fortfore and...?

Hmm - I found that at the very least, it's not based on which companions you pick first. Just took the shaman to Wyldblahblah, and he made a comment.

Edited by Xander77

Xander77   
1 hour ago, Le grand peut-être said:

Usually the game will only display dialogue for 2 companions no matter what.  And no, it doesn't track who you take on missions at all.

I just talked to the Wyld.... rebellion leader, and all 5 companions chimed in. The game was kinda confused about how to display that, but still.

It's different in different scripts.  It depends on a few different factors -- if it is set up to have the companions interact or not; and also how many paragraphs of text are in the text node to begin with.