• Announcements

• Una Corda and Truth

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Ir the Great

Avernum 6 - Journal Entries Deleted

All of my journal entries were randomly deleted and I don't know why. (I didn't delete them myself).

They were there when I reached the Western Excavation but after gained the rank of Lieutinant, they were all gon.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Zaego   

As Earth Empires suggested, if you still have an earlier save with those journal entries, you can try the following. I tried it just minutes ago myself and it worked perfectly.

1. Check in-game which of your saved games has the journal entries intact.

2. Exit game, open My Computer.

3. Go to My Computer > C:Drive > Users > [Your Username] > My Documents > Spiderwebsoftware > Avernum 6 Saved Games.

4. For example, if your Save Game Slot 1 has the journal entries intact, but Save Game Slot 2 doesn't, then go to folder 'Save0'. (Save Slot 1 = Save0; Save Slot 2 = Save1; Save Slot 3 = Save2... etc.)

5. Copy the file 'journal' from the folder to the save slot folder which serves as your main save slot, as in the one that lacks the journal entries.

6. You should now have the journal entries in-game the next time you fire up the game.