Avadon 1 Shaman

SoulScroll

I have tried to do as much spoiler-free research on Avadon 1 as possible regarding classes and skills.

I wanted a good Torment challenge that still takes in as much lore as possible and unlocks all doors possible (even at a higher lockpick cost).

If I play a Shaman (the least desirable class), will I still have enough lockpicks for the solo areas?

Is there a skill layout for Shamans that can salvage the most fun possible out of this sub-par class on Torment?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

If you hold out on opening other areas until your other Hand is level 4 for locks, then you will be able to do the solo areas. Except maybe the last zone where those 2 lock pick doors are for hiding and not loot.

I've tried both a combat spell with weak summons and a strong summon version on torment and both generally work. Don't expect it to be fun since Shamans have the worst effective armor and can easily die. Jeff was suppose to improve survival with version 1.0.1.

Mostly it comes down to the other two Hands that you have with you for the fights.

Randomizer: Thanks for your quick and thoughtful reply. I am still trying to decide on something a bit unconventional and fun for Torment aside from the cookie cutter Blademaster and Shadow, but if I am going for Steam achievements (a couple of achievements involve not dying) it might be prudent to take your advice and skip the Shaman.

Your post is convincing me to try the Sorceress, instead. Also, I should point out that one of the Steam achievements requires only bringing one Hand with you at all times, so this makes it even tougher for Shamans.

Until the final battle which I didn't test, you can play with a solo Blademaster, Sorceress, or Shadowwalker on torment and just bring a Hand for their individual missions. I didn't try for Shaman.

Some are easier than others.

I was speaking about Avadon 3 mostly. but you can do well in Avadon 1 because evasion allows you to avoid getting hit.