Sigh, stuck again

txmimi

I have the invitation and have made it through the crypt and into the meeting hall. They locked me in a cell and I got out. . . message on screen says it's time to slip out. I managed to make it all the way back to where I first entered, and the door is locked. I've tried finding another way out of the building where my cell is. Can't get past the guards, no matter how much I sneak. I've got saves where I buried the crystal initially and some where I brought it with me to the building itself. I know I'm missing some huge part of this puzzle, but can't figure it out. Any help for me?

Depending on your difficulty level you need to fight/sneak your way to the east until leaving the building. The worst fights are the first three because of corruption/acid floors that they use. It helps if you have an item that increases acid resistance. Or a scarab/ability to jump away so you can use a curing potion.

There are a few doors that unlock to let you get into rooms to hide from the patrols. You can sneak past the worst fights. Staying in fight mode and using a speed potion gets you extra action points to get out of detection range and line of sight. I don't know why but some times I could easily sneak past and others I was forced to fight.

Using summons and turrets while running away can help with fights.

A couple of other hints for sneaking out --

#1, if you're a tinkermage with some lockpicks, many of the side doors should be pickable. That means you can get into side rooms and hide while guards go by.

#2, when I'm sneaking, I like to go into combat mode...makes it easier to control things.

#3, once you get into the eastern caves, you are going to have to fight somebody for sure...but you can make it to the eastern caves without fighting anyone if you hide in side rooms to let the guards go by.