Redbeard in Avadon 3 [spoiler]

Earth

My honest opinion is that he was effing cheating scumbag.

1st he sent main hand to mission which was basically suicide-mission.

Then in final battle he cheated and created copies of himself (so "enjoyable" to get attacked 4 times by lightnig fields) and also had loyal soldiers in same room and after he withdrew his copies and party pummeled him for a couple rounds he teleported across room (further than Shadowalkers can "jump" I think) and fighters spent 2-3 turns to be able to attack against him again, apparently he also had charms (autospells) which gave him all kind of buffs immediately after battle started (aka cheated).

If no weakenings final battle would been very nasty (ofcourse player would been Redbeard loyalist so no battle).

If you believe that using superior or hidden powers to defeat your enemies is "cheating"...then you don't stay in power as long as Redbeard did. I think that's part of the point of the way the game is set up -- you have to adopt at least a little of his ruthlessness yourself if you are going to get into power over his dead body.

Other enemies didn't get half a dozen buffs in single round and create duplicates of him/her/itself (zhossa in earlier game did it but dragons are excused since those are magical beings). Atleast he wasn't next to omnipotent like in Avadon 1.

Also after all main hand had done he wasn't trustworthy enuf to be Heart of Avadon (maybe only with Proteus ending although I doubt that), only Eye (twice) or Hand.

Neither Keeper (Redbeard or his successor (player)) stayed long afterwards as a Keeper.