Madness of level designer

p_lichnovsky

I am trapped at the level with idiotic NPC called Shigaz in Bandit lair.

The designer of this level is clearly an imbecil. Whereas majority of gameplay on hard level has been easy so far. This level is a real nightmare. Not only that the game does not give you any option to follow this mission with your normal team - when you argue that you will not go there without rest of party, your companions simply leave. Than obviosly idiotic Shigaz get yourself hit by trap and you must do majority of level by yourself. When you reach a mage Audric, he simply call reinforcements when he is in the half of his health (of course he has been summed another 2-3 persons before this call) - another 5-6 guys with multiple attacks per round - even with full group you will have clearly a problem. Moreover this mage is hasted so he has 2-3 attacks per round. So even if you use any haste, battle frenzy he will cancell it before any good.

The creator of this level should have tried to play this level by himself and for each unsuccesfull attempt someone should break one of his fingers. Only in such case he would what kind of [censored] he has created.

Welcome to the boards -- I can understand your frustration.

I also need to point out (with my mod hat on) that the rules here ask us to be friendly. It's very OK to complain about the games, but making personal attacks on people or wishing harm on them is taking things too far. Thanks for understanding.

The game designer has dozens of beta testers play the entire game. If it gets too hard, he does adjust the scripted fights to be easier, so enough players have managed to get through the required fights. The problem with a scripted area is the game designer has his own idea on how the player should do it. There are parts of the level that can be avoided since you can return later. There are also areas where you can use stealth and avoid fights by waiting for patrols to pass by and then sneak through.

The required fight with Audric is one where you should consider using consumable items like potions and wands to get through the fight quickly before his reinforcements can hurt you.