• Announcements

• Una Corda and Truth

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
apolloooo

Knowledge, At Last peaceful way? (SPOILER)

Over her dead body? Jeff has a history of sending players into dangerous situations where a password would have avoided that mess. Exile/Avernum 1 has an example.

The east one at the hall's end isn't usable because you never get a key as far as I know. The other has a hidden switch that lets you enter from the west room.

what about telling eye thamsin the location of spiral? will that anger natalie?

Not as long as she isn't told that.

Davies   

I'm not sure about that. My first successful playthrough was as a RedBeard loyalist who earned the loyalty of all my companions anyway, and after I sent Nathalie after her books after telling the librarian about them and never mentioning the fact that I'd done so to her, Nathalie was never seen nor heard from again.

There is a choice with Nathalie about telling her that you will tell Avadon (truth) and saying you won't and doing it anyway (lie).

Davies   

Finished my third playthrough (loyalist/sycophant) last night, and again I got the "You never see Nathalie again. You hear stories and rumors, but you never learn for sure where her quest for knowledge and power takes her." ending after I sent her away before the final confrontation, even though I A. told Nathalie that I wouldn't tell anyone about the library and B. didn't tell anyone about the library.

Bonam   

So properly finishing Nathalie's loyalty and getting the Library quest finished are mutually exclusive?

No. Do Nathalie's quest and then go tell Tamsin about the library, no problem.

Owenmoz   

It happens if you don't convince her to come with you to avadon. Although its possible that she runs away with Redbeard as a keeper. Idk you'd have to give me a few days. But i know getting her to come with you plays a role

tristram   

Hey guys, can I ask about the original question here. Is there a peaceful way to get into the Spiral using the password the shade asks you about? Where you get it? I got to the point where Nathalie is in that location but... despite killing so many NPC's so far (Redbeard is ice cold), I just want to make sure there's no other way.