Wallace's Errands and Strange Plants

eaintree

The "first love's gifts" quest first of all. I got that guy's quest 10 or 15 hours back in terms of gaming time, and have not seen any sorts of "strange" or "experimental" plants to run back to him. Clue?

I also never found the papers you're supposed to find and burn in Goldcrag for Wallace. As far as I know I went through the whole city top to bottom.

• 1 year later...

eaintree:

I had a problem with both quests that you mention, too.

Burning Papers

Spoiler

To get the important clue that informs you about following the paper trail, you need to use a few lockpicks to open a door in the bottom right corner of the City Hall building.  Problem: I cleared the City Hall building *before* getting the Burning Papers quest.  Thus, when I unlocked the door and entered the room, the clue message wasn't triggered.

First Gifts

I agree--confusing.  To exacerbate the confusion...1) I had the spore quest(s) active at the time for Anton, and I figured that the special plant for the First Gifts quest might be related, and 2) No star on the map (yes, not possible given the ubiquitous nature of potted plants) like most other quests.

In fact, these two quests that tripped up you and I *both* do not have a star on the map. :)