What to do with a full Inventory...

Gavindale Marchovia

I am about halfway through the first dungeon - the prison, that is - and have come to see that with all the side-looting I have been doing, my inventory has gone full. I have to say, I have found some "interesting" items in the process. I know I can give my companion(s) items as well, but I am talking aside from that fact. Now, I know ins some games similar to Avadon - such as the Diablo Trilogy - have a place where the player can put items that they do not need at that moment but may be of use later in the game. Does Avadon have such a feature? I have some really neat items in my backpack, and I figure they may/will be of use later in my adventure. Also, I saw that, in the inventory screen, there is a section labeled "junk bag" (or something similar to that). What is that, and how does it work?

I don't know if it happens in Avadon, but in Avernum: Escape From the Pit, you can sell items such as baskets and dinner plates, which one at a time have too little value to sell, by selling a bunch in your junk bag. You'll get a few extra coins that way.

I'm pretty sure that sentence doesn't parse but I'm tired and have a headache.

I really wasn't aware there was enough of value in the first dungeon to fill up two or three characters worth of inventory slots.

You do realise that many items (including basic daggers, etc) have no value. When you mouse over an item it will say the value of the item. It this value number is not written my understanding is that the item has no value. (All basic items like tunics, daggers, pants, etc) Not to mention the junk items like plates, rocks, jugs, and so on and so forth. Leave them on the ground where they belong.

The junk bag is an inventory area common to all party members to place items that you will be selling. The advantage is when you are selling to a merchant it requires one click to sell all the junk bag items instead of clicking on each individual item.

The down side of that is that if you store good stuff in the junk bag you might accidently sell all your good stuff. There have been way too many times I clicked the sell button, thinking it was only going to sell the items I selected, but then instead sold my entire bag full of artifacts.

Not to mention the junk items like plates, rocks, jugs, and so on and so forth. Leave them on the ground where they belong.

I'll try to find room on my list of 'good advice that I'll never take' to add this. I've been collecting rocks since the first Geneforge (I liked the description), and it's become a tradition for me across all Spiderweb games.

The change to only equipment counting against encumbrance was a great boon to me. Rocks are heavy!

I'll try to find room on my list of 'good advice that I'll never take' to add this. I've been collecting rocks since the first Geneforge (I liked the description), and it's become a tradition for me across all Spiderweb games.

The change to only equipment counting against encumbrance was a great boon to me. Rocks are heavy!

I'll be calling you ThricebornOtter in my head from now on.

f2e.jpg