Avadon 3 slow on win7

Owenmoz

My other computer broke down so im using this old one now. I got the GOG 2.0.0.1 version i think, and its painfully slow. I don't think its cause of the graphics card as i can play both dragon age 1 and 2 with little limitation. Any help? Ah. Its windows 7 i think the problem is with it.

And i really want to play this cause this game is our baby. Unfortunately its going to be a while until i get a new pc.

I just installed on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit setup myself, and have been having the same issues, though I don't remember having them with other Spidweb games - the game is running extremely laggy/"choppy" much of the time. I'm also running hardly anything in the background - just Firefox and the required 7 or 8 Windows base processes (although I've also tried closing Firefox, which didn't seem to help).

I just noticed the alternative "DirectX" game .exe; would using that link to play instead of the regular OpenGL version possibly help?

If it's an ancient laptop with an integrated graphics card, even a moderate-demand game is going to struggle. That should not be a surprise.

Did you turn off all the fancy graphics options to the minimum setting? (Note that one of them has a "lowest" setting you can access from the main menu, but NOT the in-game settings, for whatever reason.)

Yah i did. I put on old machines option and lowest requirements in general. It still has a horrible frame rate even on the in game menu screen.

As i said before though I don't think its the graphics card. It can run games i'd assume heavier. Mount and blade warborn, mount and blade fire and sword, dragon age origins, dragon age inquisition, i think torchlight 2 as well. Its an MSI laptop and msi owns nVidia. Even though its about 8 years old the graphics card seems to handle some relatively recent games. It is possible that im wrong on this but im skeptical. The surprise wouldn't be there if other games crashed or didn't work.

In any case direct x version works so as soon as i can make it fullscreen i'll be able to enjoy it with few complaints

Maybe its the other way around but the two labels are sorta related. Anyway as i said its ancient. But other games work in it. I wouldn't even have created the thread if not for that. Hell i wouldn't even try installing the game in it. But i figured there would be a different problem. In any case, since no solutions are available there's no point in beating the same bush repeatedly. Like i said, dirext x works fine. I'll be able to play