A6 gladwell's ghosts in fort remote

Carranzero

• 3 years later...
22 hours ago, Carranzero said:

sorry for the topic revival, but im kinda interested on... whats the particular effect of releasing these ghosts? do they actually go somewhere we know?

I don't think so (other than a nebulous 'something has happened'....) but it's been a really long time since I've played A6 & in most playthroughs I don't think I released them as it seemed to not be such a good idea.  So, I dunno...

Based on my foggy memory I don't think it negatively affects your overall game play per say BUT

Spoiler

Every quest you complete for him affects his ending and power and for some(possibly shady, can't fully remember) reason Avernum becomes stronger in the end with his ending. Worth it? Depends.

This actually got me interested as well. after I finish my geneforge replays, I should look into this. A6 was always that one game I sped through when I was younger(and busy) and pretty much never played again

IIRC, Gladwell's quests in A6 are an all-or-nothing situation. Doing just some of them doesn't affect the game's ending. Only finishing off Gladwell's entire line of quests alters the A6 ending. Specifically, it leads to

Spoiler

Gladwell deposing Starrus and taking over Avernum.