Steam Censored

Forest153N539S

Yo, many years ago I played the demo for the first geneforge, the computer I played that on was sold ten years ago. Long story short I just refound these games as a young adult, and fully intend to play the whole series. I was about to buy them on steam (and buy the hintbooks at spiderwebs site), but now I need to ask if the steam versions are censored? I doubt it, but I don't remember or know if these games had anything that would cause steam to censor them. Can anyone answer that?

No. The Steam releases of all Spiderweb games available on Steam have exactly the same content as the versions available anywhere else. Pretty much the only thing that Steam's content policy disallows these days is full frontal nudity, which, obviously, no SW game has.

I had no idea steam censored anything. Games are rated and if a game is gratuitously offensive they could just make the decision on an ad-hoc basis.

TF2 (like probably some other shooters) has a special no-gibs mode that is locked-in for some countries, eg Germany.