Geneforge 5 Ending Chart

The simplest and strangest of the five sets of endings. There are five major endings, one for each faction. There are no branches whatsoever. A few mentions can be slightly different depending on who's alive (Litalia, Greta, and Mehken), and whether or not you're a servile.

The PC's fate appears to be the same in four of the endings. It is mildly worse in Taygen's. Nothing else affects your fate, not how many canisters you used, not your actions or reputation, nothing.

What's even stranger, though, is that the final resolution of the war is basically identical in the other four endings, and it's not even that different in Taygen's.

Major Ending 1: Astoria

After Gazaki-Uss is assaulted, Astoria negotiates peace with the human and servile rebels, who form a new nation in the east. The Trakovite philosophy is adopted in some regions. Shaper laws are reinstated and the Geneforges are destroyed.

Minor Variation: If you killed Greta, Rawal gets kicked off the council and Akhari Blaze leads the rebels. If you didn't, she leads the rebels while Rawal becomes High Councillor.

Major Ending 2: Alwan

After Gazaki-Uss is assaulted, Astoria negotiates peace with the human and servile rebels, who are confined to the Ashen Isles. The Trakovites are destroyed. Shaper laws are reinstated and the Geneforges are destroyed.

Major Ending 3: Taygen

After Gazaki-Uss is assaulted, Taygen releases the Purity Agent. Creations are destroyed. The war is over. Taygen is ejected from the council, Alwan takes over, and the Trakovites are destroyed. Shaper laws are reinstated and the Geneforges are destroyed.

Major Ending 4: Litalia

After Gazaki-Uss is assaulted, Astoria negotiates peace with the human and servile rebels, who form a new nation in the east. The Trakovite philosophy is partly incorporated by the Shapers. Shaper laws are reinstated and the Geneforges are destroyed.

Major Ending 5: Ghaldring

After the Council Hall is assaulted, Ghaldring goes on a tour of destruction with the drakons, who utterly defeat the Shapers but suffer some casualties. The Trakovites are also hunted. The human and servile rebels then lead a short, one-sentence long rebellion against the drakons. Everyone comes together to negotiate a peace, and the rebels form a new nation while the Shapers are confined to the coastal provinces. Shaping laws are reinstated and the Geneforges are destroyed.

Yeah, none of the Shaper Council members particularly like each other but they'll all stand together against you if you kill one of them: the zones they're in will all go hostile and you'll be forced down Ghaldring's path. If you manage to make Ghaldring hostile as well, you get an instant game over as everyone you could possibly have allied with works together to hunt you down.

(On reflection, maybe not 90%. I know I went to his palace and I know he was perturbed my control tool was gone...and I know I raised some hell and did some very satisfying harm. I think I killed him but it has been many years.)

It's certainly possible to go to Rawal and brag to him about how you got your control tool removed. He'll be furious and I'm pretty sure he won't give you any more quests if you haven't done them all yet, but he still won't attack you unless you directly pick a fight with him. That's probably what happened to you.

If you attack Rawal while you still have the control tool in you, there is a fast death ending. If you merely defy him, you get a taste of what can happen.

There is a Rawal ending where you stay loyal to him and are there where then Rebels come to destroy him after getting rid of the other Shapers. This happens after doing all of Rawal's quests.

• 1 month later...

Because it wouldn't really be an ending...the Geneforges would just be waiting for the next ambitious, power-hungry, or angry Shaper or Creation to make himself into a blue-glowing sociopath...and try his brand new creation idea to get revenge or build his own power....and you're back to the GF 2 situation again. Of course you could have an endless cycle of new games that way...

Well, the book on how to make Canisters survived for the Shapers. And I doubt the Drakons agreed to stop making canisters. So both sides know how to make canister and know that geneforges are possible. It's totally possible 150 years after the endings, a Drakon\Shaper re-discovered how to make a geneforge.

Did it? I'd forgotten. If so that leaves some hopes to whoever wants to make a Geneforge sequel in the Warhammer system....

But as it stands it still beats having geneforges around. It takes a lot of canisters before you get to Geneforge-like levels of power and arrogance, so the threat is less.

And so the ending at least feels like an ending.

• 4 weeks later...