Vardegras help

utelektr

Wow, he is one tough cookie. I've fought him maybe 10 times now, and each time I die when he summons the horrors. I'm trying with my main character, a tinkermage, Alcander and Khalida. Alcander and my main character are specced like this: http://imgur.com/XvaHRtH

Any tips? He simply just does too much damage. I can survive until the horrors come, with most of the damage dealt by my freezing turrets. After that, his cone of fire attack starts doing 200~ damage to my characters and 250~ to my turrets, and I don't live long. Maybe I should bring Dedrik instead of Khalida, and try to tank with a salamander?

Part of the fight is to space out your party so they are doing range attacks on Vardegras, they aren't too close to each other so they don't get hit by area attacks, and they are still close enough to heal each other if needed. Keep you party to one side of the fight so that monsters need to cross the screen to attack.

Also try to use items to summon extra monsters as targets. Try to have one character damaging the summons so that they have to be replaced and keep from getting overwhelmed. This is a fight where you want to use items and attack scarabs to create extra damage.

Personally I have more in dexterity than endurance so I can increase my evasion to being hit especially since Tinkermages are the only class that can increase evasion as an ability. Also it gives then a nasty range attack, but you aren't building them that way. Attack scarabs won't work as well since they work off dexterity for Tinkermages. Dedrik would work for extra healing but near the fight's end he will probably get hit and taken out. Khalida should be either doing range attacks on Vardegras or the summons.

Still that should work except your armor seems a bit low because my Tinkermage has 10 to 15% more armor and resistances than your screenshot.

I do try to keep my party separate, but his AoE ring attack hits almost everyone, and cone-of-fire has a pretty decent AoE too. I have a call Major Aid scarab and I do use it, but it's only really useful for tying up one of the golems. Speaking of them, is it really worth killing them if it just powers up Vardegras? I suppose he does waste a turn reviving them... but if I kill a bunch, he starts doing 300 damage per cone-of-fire near the end of the fight, it's pretty ridiculous.

I remember keeping most of the party outside the AoE ring so only one or two gets hit.

The fight is scripted so damage will increase as he takes loses health. There isn't any way to change it.

I remember the golems have a nasty attack where I think they prevent a character from fighting.

I forgot to mention to keep the party hasted for extra attacks and maybe create a healing turret.

I wpuld sugest ensnaring turret, frost turret, healing turret and something else. Use the summon aid wands. And when the horrors arive try to take them out as fast as possible while remembering to have something/someone taking the dragon. This might take a few turns but try also to place the turrets far away from eachother. He has about 3 turns for every turn you have so when you get a turn its key you use as many items to compensate before using a skill. But if you intend to fight redbeard, the god and other boss fights, dont use up rare items(ie circle of fire, ressurection, speed burst etc) like use them, you'll need it but use responsibly. Thats the best advice i can give