• Announcements

• How to eat sound

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Painted Lady

Testing?

Jeff is going to start the first round of beta testing in a few weeks with the truly insane returning testers. I guess in a few months he will be requesting new volunteers.

Jeff tweeted that he's completed about half the game.

4 to 5 months is the usual time frame depending upon whether Jeff decides to start Windows version testing, how long third party merchants like Apple and Steam hold it before certifying it's ready, and Jeff's health. Jeff's health may be the biggest delay since he's getting older and occasionally ill.

Did I miss something? :)

Unlike W. C. Fields, he does like kids, since he has two. But he is getting older, occasionally ill, according to his blog he did mention drinking his way through Great Britain, and it is taking longer between games. It hasn't gotten as bad as some other independent companies, but I want to game and not look at my taxes or worse the current election campaign here.

Blxz   

Haha. Anti PR indeed. I'll have to check out the blog wherever it is. sounds like thats how you guys keep abreast of events.

Lilith   

Haha. Anti PR indeed. I'll have to check out the blog wherever it is. sounds like thats how you guys keep abreast of events.

His twitter is the most regularly updated way to hear from him. He also has a blog, but it hasn't updated in a few months and when it does update he links to it on his twitter anyway.

Istara   

I believe Jeff is about the same age as I am. Clearly it's time for me to start researching retirement homes and invite some undertakers to measure me up for my coffin!

invite some undertakers to measure me up for my coffin!

That's what heirs are for. Make them earn their inheritances. :)

Edgwyn   

I know that I am within one year of Jeff's age. That is old enough to be aware of one's mortality and also old enough to easily be anywhere on the spectrum from healthy to unhealthy based on a combination of genetics, attitude, personal health history and life style choices. I seem to remember Jeff referring to some major health problems in his past. As to attitude and life style choices, I will leave it to Slartibus and Randomizer to debate that one:

Randomizer, you are like the opposite of a PR person. According to what you've written recently, Jeff is aging, frail, alcoholic, and lazy ;)

Istara   
anywhere on the spectrum from healthy to unhealthy based on a combination of genetics, attitude, personal health history and life style choices.

And sheer luck. I can think of any number of healthy people from healthy families struck down by the Big C.

As well as overweight smokers with no apparent longevity in their genes making it well into their eighties and beyond.

Either way, I hope Jeff lives well into his hundreds and keeps making games. Because let's face it, no one makes games like Jeff!