New Arival

Owenmoz

Hello everyone. Im actually not new exactly. Some of you might remember owenben3. Only made one post. I lost the account and email. So yay! I've been playing the games since 2004. Favorite is geneforge 3. The whole series is the reason im going to do my masters in genetic. Ah to answer lilith's question. Or was it dikiyoba? A russian happens to be in mozambique because of love(most specifically my parents found eachother). But im not there now. So, if its not too much to ask introduce yourselves, running consenuses, general rules of ethiquete around here and advices. Not sure how to end the topic, i figure a dot will do. So: .

Hello and welcome! I think you've already encountered the CoC. As for etiquette, just be reasonably polite. And don't resurrect long-dead topics unless you have something relevant to add. Even then, it's preferred that you start a new topic with a link to the old one (exceptions being ongoing topics here in General, like "What are you reading?").

If you want to get to know us, you can read through years of forum posts. We're all in there.

It probably has more to do with the age of boards and everyone getting used to posting on the old sites which didn't have all those smiley options.

Though I do remember some awful experiments with colorful, flashing and moving text.

For a while I had a gimmick of using subscript and superscript in every post but at some point that also drifted away leaving just plain text.

Hahahahahahahaha! Whatever those bananas are on, im sure its illegal xD lemme get it so far, keep langague PG, be polite, create new threads rather than reply on old ones, no flashy collourfull animated things(with exception of the ocasional nanaparty), dont cricticise nethergate cause its highly regarded here, unless felt necessary avoid smileys,(ok i'll try to do that but without them usually it will seem like im angry or bitter specially when im doing sarcasm or hyperbolisation. But i'll do my best)

And thank you all!

Also, please don't feel wierd due to my nationality. Im not a bear riding, nuke throwing, bullet stopping man in the snow with bikini cheerleaders in my wake. Its sort of an awesome image... well maybe i should start pretending thats me.

Hahahaha! Thirteen years is a long time ago. Im not sure i even know how to speak english back then.

Cheers bro! *raises cup of cofee* get us some catletki, smoked salmon, kvass, black bread, lotsa tea lotsa coffee and we got a full blown karelian fest xD (background soundtrack in my mind is kalinka malinka)

Yeah, the forums started in early 2001, although there were some precursor mailing lists as well as precursor unofficial forums by early 1998.

The official forums have switched software more than a few times, though, so it hasn't technically been one picturesque forum in continuous operation all that time. The last big switch was 2012.

Somehow I'd misfiled the upgrade to IPB to 2008, when we migrated from UBB to UBB.threads. It's all a blur.

—Alorael, who isn't sure the Russian admin was much of a Russian admin. For one thing, he was a long-term US resident. For another, he was really only a temporary admin. But he was a long-time member and mod. Also it's nice to see a new Finn. There was a big Finnish contingent for years, but they all wandered off eventually.