• Announcements

• A more clever marketplace

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avadon!

Through the rest of the Beraza Woods we explore.

As I said, please give me your suggestions for what I should use the runestones on. I have enough backlog to make it about a week, so you should see the results of your suggestions then. Let me know!

Spukrian   

I save all runestones untill I'm nearly at the end of the game, then I choose the best runestones and use it on my favourite equipment. The rest I sell.

EDIT: Ok, I saw the episode and realized I should give more specific advice.

*For Jason, Sevilin and Shima:

- Give them runestones that enhance Strength and Dexterity.

- Put extra physical damage on their weapons (or maybe higher critical chance).

*For Nathalie:

- Give runestones enhance Intelligence.

- Give her extra resistance from physical attacks (or enhance Endurance for more HP).

*For Jenell:

- Give her extra Intelligence.

Bear in mind that I'm not a minmaxer so I don't know what's objectively the best runestones.

Blxz   

As an additional suggestion, put the more powerful runestones on unique type equipment. For example, a plus strength runestone on some magical armour would be a better idea than on a regular breastplate.

I do this with my runestones because I am normally much less likely to replace the other bonuses on that equipment right away but regular equipment becomes obsolete quite quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make use of them on my next recording session on Saturday.

Finally we invade the pits, to clear them out of- was that wall always there?

Further through the pits we go, to finally find the guy in charge of the whole place. Also I finally learn to use my consumables.

Back into the Kva, before we start the main things we have to do we hunt a few creatures the natives ask us to. Huh, that second one seems familiar...

Spukrian   

The politics is what makes me enjoy the story more than e.g. the stories of the Avernum games. I guess I'm the opposite of you in this regard. The politics make the game feel more realistic than most other fantasy cRPGs I've played and that, in itself, feels like a breath of fresh air to me.

Okay then, all that depressing business is behind us, let's go work on making peace between two rival nations.

Everything is going wrong! This wasn't supposed to happen until the second act, the first act is supposed to end optimistically!

Avadon in flames, its soldiers killed, a heart turned traitor... with so much going wrong, what is left to happen to Redbeard?

Thus ends Avadon, and I hope you guys enjoyed it! I certainly did. Join me next time for Avadon 2: The Corruption!

Triumph likes this