It's the minor things...

Trenton.

It's odd, stopping and thinking about it. This is just a website right? A website run by a barely known Indie video game developer. So unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Then why did it change my life so much?

I was probably 11 or 12 when I found Exile. I was living in a rather large house that served as an apartment for three people. We had the top floor while two people took the bottom floor seperately. Our computer had broke. I had thought it ill timed, but it was the best thing that could have happened really. I was just getting into video games. especially computer wise, when the thing just gave out. We were going to get a new one, but it would be a while after we had moved, for we were preparing to\ at the time. It just so happened that the downstairs neighbor didn't need her computer anymore, so she gave it to us. It was rather old, I doubt it could run anything past exile well, actually, but it was enough for that what was on it exactly: Exile. Exile II, to be precise.

It was on a game hub kind a thing, actually, the ones that come with the computer itself. Kind of like how WildTangent games came on the laptop I'm typing this up with. I've tried to think of a name, but I simply cannot, but that's okay, because it was Exile that was important. I played it, and I played it a lot, despite it only being the demo. I fell simply in love. We moved and got a new computer, got rid of that old one that was given to us. I fell back into things with the new computer.

It nagged at me, after a while. What was the name of that game? I wasn't sure what it was called, but I knew it had Spider in it, and Exile. After a bit of googling, I found this place, and the rest was history. I've beaten a bunch of Spiderweb Software games and have current playthroughs on many still.

Whoop-di-doo, Trenton, you found some cool games. What real impact will this have on you?

A lot. Let me break it down for you.

If I hadn't gotten that computer, I wouldn't have found Exile II

If I hadn't found Exile II, I wouldn't have found Spiderweb Software.

If I hadn't found Spiderweb Software, I wouldn't have met Sylae.

If I hadn't met Sylae, I wouldn't have gotten involved in the MLP community.

If I hadn't gotten Involved in the MLP community, I wouldn't have made some awesome new friends, that, by extension, introduced me to my best friends today. Friends, who I would be horribly alone without. Two of which I talk to nearly every day, whether through text, or calls. Friends that have given me countless hours of entertainment and fun while playing Games. I would have never gotten into Team Fortress 2, that I now play competetively, And I would have never found osu!, which I got to rank 20,000 in the world in. All these amazing experiences and friendships would have never happened if not for this one place. Spiderweb Software started my Video Game Community Career. My entire life has changed, and I'm not entirely sure where I would be now if I hadn't gotten so involved in video games. Probably lying in bed thinking how meaningless my life is. But this place has given me a purpose, and bonds that will never be severed. It's really neat to think about. This place shaped me, from an obnoxious 12 year old, to the happy individual I am today. I wouldn't change it for the world.

In the grand scheme of things, Spiderweb Software probably won't matter much. It'll sell a few thousand copies of the next remake it makes and fade into oblivion, but it changed my life, and I'll always remember what it's done for me.

tl;dr, spidweb is gud

thanks spidweb bro

Calamity Refuge is still better than Spiderweb Software though. *raises fists*

Edited by Lilith
removed offensive language

Ehhh. I specifically replaced the A one with the less known-british obe because it's much more widely accepted and assumed it wouldn't be a problem, and I wasn't aware of the T one being a curse anywhere really. But you're the boss. Won't happen again.

(Kind of surprising actually. I use the british version of the A word with my superiors in school all the time. Never gotten called out on it. Maybe things are different in Florida.)

you're the boss

Trenton, "swearing" was putting this politely. I'm not sure how someone could pick up the T word in particular without being aware of the... uh, non-family friendly nature of the word. Regardless, it's clear from what you wrote that you knew these words were off-color. No need to grump at someone who responded as respectfully as possible.