• Announcements

• The hills are bridges

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Geno

Playing as Romans

Yes, definitely. Magic is very useful. Roman magic-users have more restrictions on what they can cast than the Celts do, but having magic in your party is still a good thing.

Geno likes this

You can play with an all Roman magic user party and still win. You just can't use all the spells that the Celts can.

You can win with a no-magic party, but that's setting yourself up for a serious challenge. The lack of healing alone would make life hard.

—Alorael, who recommends magic from the beginning through the end. You'll have limited spells, but the spells you have will still make a huge difference.

Roman spell access is rather limited: no Spirit spells, no Nether spells and limited access to Craft and Beast Circles. Last two Circles have access that comes more from scrolls and bracelets. But you do get most healing spells, apart from Total Healing.

Geno   

I decided I am going to have a party made up of 3 fighters and 1 mage. Is this an optimal formation?

I decided I am going to have a party made up of 3 fighters and 1 mage. Is this an optimal formation?

That will certainly work. I personally like to have two druids though.
Geno likes this