Meanings of Things (Av-II)

lordhoff

1. On the loading page, there is what appears to be two hands with a baby - relate to the game some how?

2. Dragon in the Black Fortress is from Av-I; any reason he's there other then color?

3. What happened to the characters from AV-I - the hands that were you and your team? (the mentally ill sorceress appears to be pictured with plans for the repair of Avadon but that's it s far as I can tell)

EDIT: also, being there are generally three hands, shouldn't script be plural, ie, we rather then I, hands rather then a hand, etc?

Some script says three years since Avadon sacked, others two.

Some script assumes an action that one may have chosen not to do. For instance, if one volunteers to be a hand, people still say things like "I was conscripted too".

I suppose with Av-III getting close, these sorts of errors won't be addressed and, really, it's extremely minor but, just in case someone is working on a patch, it has been mentioned.

1. Only the armored figure is a Hand, the baby and the woman are both citizens of the Pact being sheltered from the horror of the Outlands by the Hand of Avadon. It's a propaganda image, how Avadon would like to present itself.

2. Nope. Possibly as set-up for something that will feature in the next game.

3. It's never elaborated on. (My headcanon is that that Hand Esmee, the Hand who gives you the Eye Dymas questline, is the PC from the previous game. She made the fatal mistake of letting Duke Gryfyn walk away to avoid a difficult fight and get back to Avadon in one piece, and then lying about it to Redbeard's face. He was not happy, hence her exile to this post and her dissipation. Her friends are scattered all over.)