G1 maximum level

Anybody remember what the maximum level that can be reached in Geneforge 1?

I stopped collecting things after I cleaned out all the merchants (including the sholai in the wooded valley) and stopped giving in collection quests when I stopped getting exp for them.

But I noticed that the inner crypt consistently delivers 50-75 exp per creation killed. So I could farm it for a while if I get bored.

I was just curious how high I could get it.

You can get to even higher levels by creating and killing your own creations; I don't know if that exploit was ever fixed in G1, although it was removed in later games. I think G1 has a hard cap at level 31.

The last time I played Geneforge, killing your own creations will not give you xp unless they have gone rogue.

• 3 months later...

Turns out you can actually get to lvl 30 in the inner crypt, tho that is a long slog as you get only 5xp from lvl 27 on. At 30 you get the "You are too high to get experience" message.

The last time I played Geneforge, killing your own creations will not give you xp unless they have gone rogue.

Works fine on PC. Made a shaper and 2 fyoras, had one (with 2 Int) attack and kill the other and got 90xp.