Geneforge 5 Help [Am I an idiot? edition]

Ok so to start out, the last time I played this I was a small idiot child. I didn't know jack about strategy and I still don't know that much. However, I remember G5 being the easiest to get into of the series so I decided to complete this game with my new young adult mind. Hopefully I'm not an idiot.

So I flipped a coin and went rebel. Up until now I have been on the fence so I could get all the shaper rewards I could. But I'm pretty sure I've completed every quest I still have access to, all that seems to be left is killing all of the councilors. All of my attempts with Rawal and Taygen have ended pretty poorly. Is there a certain order I should do this in, and furthermore, what is the fastest way to get myself +3 in Drakon creating?

For additional information I need to know how well or how badly I made my character. I forgot to pick up that heal spell from the Trakovites and I don't know where else you can get it. I didn't invest in endurance and I've been relying on my creations never dying so I didn't put a whole lot into shaping either (I did keep some shaping gear for when I need it):

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

I don't think it's actually possible to get 3 points in Create Drakon on the rebel route: there are only three canisters for it, and the third one is in an endgame area that's only available to other factions.

Overall your character build seems okay. It's not actually a great idea for a shaper to focus too heavily on battle magic, because attacking enemies will make them more likely to attack you in return instead of targeting your creations. It's much safer to focus on mental magic to lock down enemies instead. But there's not much to be done about that now, and your character should be good enough to finish the game anyway.

When you're trying to kill the Shaper Council, don't just charge in and attack them directly. Explore the areas around them thoroughly and look for machines or other resources that you can use against them. Most of them have ways to make the fight easier or avoid it entirely.

You have enough essence to make another War Trall. It'll reduce your casting ability, but it's worth considering, especially since you're so close to another level.

Each of your other critters resists at least one thing better than Tralls (several decent resists, no really good ones) do. Let me highlight the best resistance for each type among those four:

Cryodrayk: Physical +40%, Fire +20%, Cold +80%

Kyshakk: Physical +30%, Energy +50%

Rotdhizon: Physical +50%, Poison +80%, Acid +80%

Trall: Physical +30%, Energy +40%, Fire +40%, Cold +40%

If you can't finish the enemy before its turn, try to make sure the last hit comes from whichever creation resists its attack best (or yourself).

Regeneration Aura is probably better, but Elemental Aura should greatly boost your party's elemental resistances. If you don't have either of those, you should look into getting them.

It's also possible that you could upgrade some of your gear, but you haven't told us what you're wearing to battle.

The thing about War Tralls is that they're very cheap to make for a fifth-tier creation and have so many HP that they don't need especially high resistances to survive -- there are specific situations where another creation type might be a little more effective, but almost none where a War Trall is a liability to have around. It wouldn't be a bad idea to reabsorb any of your other creations that are consistently not pulling their weight and replace them with more War Tralls. If you're having problems with energy attacks specifically, even with your low investment in Magic Shaping it might also be worth considering a single Wingbolt or Gazer to absorb those attacks: they've been made more expensive compared to G4 so they're not as a great a deal as they used to be, but they're still not bad.

Taygen was hard. Not too hard (but I had better creations than you do)

Rawal... he probably glitched hard on me. You see, I remained outside his room and sent in my creations, expecting a huge and hard fight.

I was wrong. Rawal was making minor attacks till I walked into the room, where he started spamming creations and making area attacks etc. But it was too late for him.

Also: I would get rid of a rot or the Kyshaak for an extra war trall, or better: Gazer.

The thing about War Tralls is that they're very cheap to make for a fifth-tier creation and have so many HP that they don't need especially high resistances to survive -- there are specific situations where another creation type might be a little more effective, but almost none where a War Trall is a liability to have around.

That's all true, I was just making observations about how to best utilize the team he has. It's not that different from what I ended up with on my last run, actually.

Also: I would get rid of a rot or the Kyshaak for an extra war trall, or better: Gazer.

Kyshakk for Trall (or Gazer) is a good trade, but despite their susceptibility to energy attacks Rotdhizons are top-notch damage dealers, getting up to four hits per round without haste. They're also great for dealing with, well, enemy Rotties (or other poison/acid attackers), which might otherwise tear through your non-resistant front line like tissue paper.

Thanks a lot for the help, but I'm stil wondering which councilor to go after first, or if I should attack the cities first since they are probably gonna be hostile anyway. Only mentioned Rawal and Taygen because they are the only ones I tried. Rawal was surprisingly harder than Taygen( who I managed to defeat but I was finished off shortly after).

Also on equipment I'm pretty satisfied. I currently get 11 action points every round and everything is either golden crystal enchanted or whatever gives energy resist. Although, are action points bugged? Because even when I'm not slowed or cursed I sometimes start with 9 or 10.