Random questions (possible spoilers)

I'm late in the game now, and have a few things I want to ask about:

I have a quest in my list called "Vahnatai Castle". I've thoroughly explored that castle and pretty sure I haven't missed anything. I've learned what can be learned there, but don't know how to resolve the quest so that it drops out of my quest list. The description doesn't say who to go talk to or who assigned the quest to me. Anybody know how to resolve it?

Also a random item I've picked up in my travels that doesn't seem to have any purpose: a wrapped up bug. I never got a quest from the cute spiders or an aranea queen that wanted a meal bribe or whatever, so what is this item for?

The Vahnatai Castle is one of three places where you can learn about a Crystal Soul location. Also a merchant in Mancuso wants you to kill the leader of the Castle (probably your quest).

The wrapped up bug is wanted for an altar west of the Vahnatai Castle that is reachable by the Orb of Thralni. You need to make three trips with getting the bugs from the south.

The Vahnatai Castle quest is given by Prossis-Bok on the Olgai council. I believe that there is a very minor bug where if you visit/clear the Vahnatai Fortress prior to getting the quest it just stays open. My party that has completed the game still has the quest open, and I just had them drop by Olgai to see if I could get it closed and I could not. On the other hand, a party that I am running through the game now was able to complete the quest. Like most of the quests to advance the main plots there is not a reward for it, so you haven't missed anything.

• 8 months later...