Sign in to follow this  
Mode 7 Terraces of Purgatory

A2CS Remix -- testers wanted

I'm coming in to the closing stretch of my work on the A2CS remix, thanks in part to some waking up from Aeolus (thanks, Aeolus!). It's significantly more ambitious than the first one and I'm pretty excited about it.

It'll be a few days before I finish, but as we're rapidly running out of summer, I'd like to line up a few testers for when it's ready, with the goal of a 1.0 release late next week. This will not be super heavy demand testing -- I'm not expecting long playthroughs or anything -- but I've made so many small changes that I know extra eyes will be helpful.

If you're interested and have some time free early next week, please PM me your email address. If I don't already know who you are, please also say something to give me some confidence that you would be a competent and helpful tester. Testers will receive some pretty nifty credit within the remix itself (as will Edgwyn and Dikiyoba, who gave me some great testing on another project that didn't come to fruition).

Also note that while this will run on Macs and PCs, including on Steam, it will not work on iOS copies of the game (or copies purchased through the Mac App Store). Sorry. (Blame Apple.)

I would do this...except that I don't want to divide my attention and get sidetracked from trying to play Avadon 2. But I am glad to hear this is happening!

I've just relocated for a new job so I can't right now. The last one looked really good though. The weakest part of Jeffs games is usually the balancing so it's great to see that improved upon.

Did making a remix for Avernum 2 make you reconsider anything you did the for Avernum 1 remix?

Hey! I gave up on my own remix (I'm lazy and trying to enjoy my summer as much as possible), but I would be more than willing to help out!

Do you mind if I ask how it's going, Slartibus? I don't post here very often but I really liked what you did with the Remix for Escape from the Pit, so I would enjoy it if you would keep us up-to-date.

I would offer to help you test, but I just started a new job and, if I'm being honest, I haven't played through vanilla Crystal Souls yet, so I wouldn't be comfortable or probably capable of contrasting and comparing the base version and yours.

Is this still in development?

If you define development as some day it might happen. Hopefully before the September release of Avadon 3: The Warborn. :)