• Announcements

• Freudian Noose

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avernum 5!

My quest to do Let's Plays of all the Spiderweb games continues, as I move into Avernum 5. I hope those who choose to watch enjoy, and if you wish to catch up on previous vids you can see them here, here, here, and here.

Giant rats aren't the rats of the fantasy world?

No, giant rats are the rats of New York City. :p

In this episode a bit of exploration, checking out caves and altars.

General sir, we're reporting in to say that we're the ones allowed into the Frontier! Sir, please stop laughing, we're serious. Please stop crying Sir...

When you have so little cultivatable land, you really have to make use of any fertile spots you can find... even on islands.

No real connection between the random stuff we do here. A bit of fighting, a bit of exploration, a bit of questing, a bit of talking. Bit of everything, really.

We take a trip out to check over the river and see what's around. And find some slaves who need rescuing. Slavery will not be tolerated...

Well all of the surface of the Drake Pillars has been explored. Time for us to go underneath and see if we can find our way to Lysstak.

There are theories that if you exceed the speed of light, you will start to actually travel back in time. Of course, this has never been proven, due to the impossibility of it...

Just a little factoid I wanted to mention.

Yes yes, I know this episode is ridiculously long, but this place is such a bloody maze... I dunno, I didn't want to split this one.

Spukrian   

Whew, binged watched your let's play over the weekend and finally caught up.

I really like the fact that you play as the Empire in Avernum 5, it is a bit refreshing with the change of perspective. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that there are several different groups/individuals that you can ally with during the game, feels a little bit like Geneforge in this regard.

Whew, binged watched your let's play over the weekend and finally caught up.

I really like the fact that you play as the Empire in Avernum 5, it is a bit refreshing with the change of perspective. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that there are several different groups/individuals that you can ally with during the game, feels a little bit like Geneforge in this regard.

Heh, glad you're enjoying it Spukrian. The change in perspective is nice indeed, like in G4 tossing you into the rebels at the start. There aren't many groups in the end, but the difference IS nice at times.

We take care of a quick quest in the northeast quadrant, and then go to check out the barriers a bit more.

[media]

[/media]